description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Studio Ghibli's Kaze Tachinu (The Wind Rises) will screen in Singapore, 20th March

source: Encore Films
They haven't started publicizing this aggressively yet since it's still early days so I'm not sure how many people know this yet... but Encore Films will be bringing Studio Ghibli's Kaze Tachinu to Singapore.  That's awesome news.  We've not seen a Studio Ghibli film in Singapore cinemas for some time.  I don't remember which was the last one that screened.  Maybe Ponyo?

So far, it's just a soft announce.  The website printed in the picture above, isn't even live yet... at least I got a 403 error

Anyway, the film looks like it'll be screening in the Golden Village cinemas since they're logo is on the poster. Encore Films announced last week that the film will open on the 20th Mar.  I'm sure it'll sell well... at least comparatively well.  It'll definitely move more tickets than Kara no Kyoukai that's for sure.  I intend to watch this in the cinema too. :)

Before I leave... here is the trailer. :)



No comments: