description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mahou Shoujo Madoka ~ Rebellion (movie 3) - shikishi freebie

I'm writing this a lot later than I intended because I was finishing up Shotenin Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi which is a pretty good watch. It's not new. It's last year's dorama but I didn't have a lot of time for television last year.  I really like Toda Erika, I think she's a pretty good actress and very watchable.  The cast was all pretty good in this series.  I particularly like Toda Erika and Kora Kengo... but I'm digressing... back to Mahou Shoujo Madoka. :P

As promised... here are the photos of the shikishi freebie one will get if you go for the special Mahou Shoujo Madoka ~ Rebellion movie screening in Singapore on either 8th or 9th Feb.

I got these when I watched the movie on the day it opened in Tokyo last October. I took photos of them then but I was thinking I'll just keep them for when I get around to writing the entry about last year's trip to Japan... hopefully I will get to the post itself.  The photos... I'll post them up here.

So without further ado... here are the photos. :)

 

I went to watch the film with three other people but we weren't very lucky at all and of the 4 shikishis we received, all but one of them were of Madoka.  If I remember correctly, Itsuko was the only one who got something different.  She received Akemi Homura's shikishi.  Pam and Itsuko very kindly gave me theirs because they both know that I'm like a HUGE fan of the anime. :)  Thanks!! :)

 

The shikishi isn't very big and it comes in a shape of a square.  I put my 3DS LL next to it for a visual comparison.

  

And here are the photos of the shikishi themselves.  I forgot to take a photo of the back.  But the back is just a plain cream back with some sparkly bits.

If any of you are interested... the BD / DVD of this film will also be released soon.

They will come in 3 versions and will have English subs. :)  Yay!! :)

I have pre-ordered a copy of the BD Limited Edition.  For those who may want to get it too...this is the site I usually get my stuff from.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion [w/ Bonus Blu-ray+CD, Limited Edition] 
~ original soundtrack CD :)
~ BD containing a 2 hour special program that was aired on TV Tokyo
~ 描き下ろし三方背BOX -- I'm thinking this means that the box that the digipack is enclosed in will have illustrations on 3 of the sides?
~ illustrated digipak
~ special booklet

Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion BD [Regular Edition]

Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion  DVD [Regular Edition]

Just a bit about the film... for those who have never watched Madoka before... make sure you watch either the series or the 2 films that come before it. If not, you will have no idea what this film is about.

Which reminds me... I never got around to doing the unboxing of the BD boxset of the first 2 films.. I think I'll do that next in the coming days. :)

Also...I think it maybe useful for those who haven't watched the anime in a while to watch either the series or the first 2 films again too.  This film is a visual and audio treat but the story in the 3rd film is actually not as easy to understand as the what came before it. I think it'll be a film that will split the fans. I personally liked what I understood and saw. I loved the visual style and the music. Kajiura Yuki rocks!!! :D  And I liked what I understood of the story, I thought it was interesting... but the Japanese in this film is HARD, I think the concepts are hard which maybe why the Japanese wa really hard for us. Except for Itsuko, who's Japanese, the rest of us really needed the subtitles to help us understand this film fully.  So, I'm really looking forward to the screening of this film because I totally need to watch it again so that I can get a fully picture. :)

Okay... time for bed... it's 2am.  Oyasumi!! :)

No comments: