description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Figure JAPAN: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Edition (unboxing)

I finally have some time to do the Figure JAPAN: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Edition unboxing.  The first issue of Figure JAPAN comes with a Good Smile Company 1/10 scale Ultimate Madoka figure and was released in Dec 2013.  I rarely do figures unboxing because sometimes I can't bear to take them out of the box because I don't really have a lot of cabinet space to display them.  This particular figure is a beauty and I cleared some display cabinet space so that I could display it. :)

Alright... let's cut to the chase.  This will be a very picture heavy blog post because I think for things like these, photos can do most of the talking. :)

First up, here is a link to Figure Japan's website.  They have much nicer photos, so go check them out too. :) CLICK ME.

 

The box, still in its plastic packaging, with the magazine packed in.



Here's a size comparison with the Ultimate Madoka 1/8 scale figure.  It's probably not the best size comparison but my Ultimate Madoka 1/8 scale box isn't easily accessible right now, so this will have to do. :P



A couple of photos of the box without the plastic packaging.



Lots of photos of the packaging above.



The above are photos of the figure out of the packaging.  The wings have not yet been attached.



Here are photos of the wings.  It's pretty easy to attach the wings to the body although parts of the wings, hair and the tiny wings on the feet are a little sharp so take care.  The body and the build of this figure is quite sturdy, so while you don't have to be ultra careful when attaching the wings, still... it is best to do it with care so that you don't break any of that awesome dynamic looking hair. :)

 

The above are photos of the figure with the wings attached.  Pretty cool, right?  :)  I put a "chess piece" figure of Kyubey for size comparison. :)



The above are a few sample photos of the contents of the 40 page Figure JAPAN magazine.  It's very picture heavy which is nice for international fans who can't read Japanese.  There is a long article in the magazine detailing the process of making the 1/10 scale figure that comes with the magazine.  The other article features Madoka's seiyuu, Aoi Yuki. There's lots of photos of her with different Madoka figures.  The interview also asked Aoi Yuki questions related to figure collection.  Stuff like whether Aoi Yuki herself has any Madoka Magica figures in her home.  She replies yes and they continue to talk about the Madoka figures and customization and photos of figures etc.

 FINALLY.... this is a photo of my 1/10 scale Madoka in my glass cabinet... my 1/8 scale is still in the box because I don't yet have the glass cabinet space to display it yet.  Now my 1/10 scale Ultimate Madoka stands next to my other GSC scale figures, Kara no Kyoukai's Ryougi Shiki and Fate/Stay Night's Tohsaka Rin. :)


If you would like to pick this up too, here is the link to the place that I bought this magazine from. :)  CLICK ME.  Currently, they list 6 units in stock.

I'm off to do some work now... cheers!! :)

No comments: