description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Monday, January 20, 2014

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu & the Japanese Music Festival in Singapore

source
Late last year Kyary Pamyu Pamyu said that she will be returning to Singapore in 2014 and when my friends and I were discussing who may be the first artist that the Japan Music Festival announce would be about, I guessed KPP.  And now it's official.  It is KPP... if only I had put money on it. :P

While I would still rather the announce had been about a Kajiura Yuki x FictionJunction solo live or a Kalafina solo live, the chances of them coming to Singapore for a solo live is, in my opinion, not that high since they are more closely linked to anisong than J-pop or J-rock etc.  Sozo, the company that is behind the Anime Festival Asia and J-Live etc in Singapore, has, to my knowledge, never brought in any anisong artist for a solo gig outside of AFA.

Last year KPP performed to a full house at the Scape Warehouse and my friends and I went.  It was a lot of fun.  We plan to go this year too.  Hope it works out. :)

Most of the details aren't out yet.  This was just announced today via Facebook, Twitter and the JMF website.  JMF is a new thing that Sozo is doing.  I think they are trying to make it BIG... much bigger than just the occasional J-Live, J-Rock lives they have been organizing for the last 2 years.

While I must confess, I am not a huge KPP fan... I do like watching her live... very fun.  And I actually really like some of her songs like Ninjya Re Bang Bang.  So I'm really looking forward to seeing her live again.  I wonder if Sozo will try and use a bigger venue this time or stick to Scape.  One thing I really like about lives at Scape is that the venue is small and it really has a great live house kind of vibe.

While KPP's coming doesn't stop me from moping about not being able to see Kajiura Yuki x FictionJunction or Kalafina live anytime soon.... still... she is a performer that I like and enjoy... so it'll help tide me over till I can get enough money together to make another trip to Japan to see either Kajiura Yuki x FictionJunction live or Kalafina live. :)  And if their live dates are close to an Ieiri Leo live... that would be like super and maybe I could see her live too!! :P

The next announce from JMF will be on the 27th Jan.  I wonder who?  Perfume?  SID?  Flumpool?  Someone else from the artists Amuse manages?  Amuse seems to have a pretty good relationship with Sozo.  Maybe Fukuyama Masaharu?  He is going on tour to Taiwan and HK in June.  I don't think it'll be Ieiri Leo, even though I would be super happy if she comes to Singapore, but I have a feeling she isn't popular enough in SEA yet for a solo live... but I could be wrong... fingers crossed.  So exciting for us Japanese music fans!! :)

No comments: