description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, November 01, 2014

Nakata Jouji attended Kalafina's live :)


While waiting for the Niconico broadcast of Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] to begin, I fired up twitter so that I can take part in Fate/tweet night. :)   But it's still early so I decided to just catch up on anime news and Kalafina's news and look what Nakata Jouji tweeted about 3 or so hours ago. :)
He attended Kalafina's live and took a photo with them backstage too. :)

This is sooooo cool!!!!  I'm really not a big seiyuu fan at all.  I know a few names mostly because they've sung for Kajiura Yuki or they've performed as characters that I've really, really like.  So I know Chiba Saeko because I really like Natsuki from the Mai-hime series and also because Kajiura Yuki wrote quite a few songs for her. :)  I know Nanri Yuuka because she's also known as FictionJunction YUUKA and she was great as Nao in Mai-hime.  I know Saito Chiwa because she was Akemi Homura in Madoka Magica.... but I'm not fans of any of these seiyuus and don't follow their seiyuu careers.

BUT that said... there are two seiyuus which I really do like.  My favourite is a pretty obscure seiyuu called Honda Takako who was Aozaki Touka in Kara no Kyoukai.  She's the only female seiyuu who's voice I can almost always identify.  And now I watch Cross Ange for her even though I don't really like the anime.   Honda Takako seems to get more dubbing work then anime work, so I kind of miss her voice so I watched Cross Ange for her. :P  I've always wanted to write up something for her since she's really not one of the well know seiyuus at all but I'll need quite a bit of time to do it.... so who knows when I can get to it.

The other seiyuu I really do like is Nakata Jouji.  I first really noticed him as Araya Souren in Kara no Kyoukai and thought that he has a really nice and commanding voice.  And I really like him as Kotomine Kirei in the Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay night series too.  I find his voice quite distinctive too.

So it's very cool to see Nakata Jouji, one of my favourite seiyuus, in a photo with one of my favourite vocal units ever... Kalafina. :)

Soon.... FSN[UBW] will start... so looking forward to more good stuff from ufotable. :)  Now to go get some water and get ready to watch and tweet. :)

P.s. BTW... Nakata-san is holding Kalafina's live pamphlet in his hands, in case anyone is wondering. :)
p.p.s oh.... and that looks like the Kalafina live concert t-shirt that Nakata-san is wearing too.  I've been reading a few of his tweets... looks like he quite likes Kalafina's music. :)


No comments: