description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Monday, November 03, 2014

Perfume WORLD TOUR 3rd Live in Singapore ~ so fun!!

Those who know me well know that even though I'm a total Kajiura Yuki, FictionJunction and Kalafina fan, I also have a pretty eclectic taste in music and I listen to many genres.  I have my favourite genres of course and there are of course genres that I don't particularly like.  For example, I hardly ever listen to grindcore.  Electronic / Techno music isn't my favourite genre but I do like some bands and vocal groups that do specialize in this genre of music and one of them is Perfume. :)



Two years ago, when Perfume first performed in Singapore at Scape, I was one of the people right at the very first row.  At that time, I actually only knew the song "Chocolate Disco".  I was there with friends who really wanted to go and I was very keen to support Japanese music in Singapore and very keen to see more Japanese lives in Singapore, hence the reason why I bought a VIP ticket and queued for hours and hours so as to see Perfume live two years ago.

But after the live, I was hooked, they were seriously very, very fun to watch live and I began to really like Perfume.  So I started following their news and even took part in the lyric video for "I want to hold your hand" even though my hand didn't make it it. *sniff sniff

"Cling Cling" is a really catchy song too and if I wasn't so broke that month, I would have pre-ordered it.  I'll probably get the "Cling Cling" single next month from CDJapan because I really like "Cling Cling" and "I want to hold your hand".


So to cut a long story short... when Perfume announced that they will return to Singapore on one of the legs on their 3rd Live, I was very excited.  So I rounded up my Japanese-music-loving-concert-going friends.  The Sistic ticket buying thing didn't go very well for us and in the end even though we were in the system very early, the system kept crashing on us and we ended up with seats in the wings and not front and centre. :(  Our tickets for the KPP live was second row centre which were awesome but this time we were five rows from the front and at the side.  BUT I must say that the Resort Worlds Theatre on Sentosa is a pretty good concert hall.  We were still quite close to the stage and I could really make out all their faces.  It was really awesome!!  The acoustics were also very good and although it was loud and that bass was really thumping there was still a lot of clarity and no discernible distortion.  

I really can't tell you much about the live itself because there was a request from AMUSE to not talk about the details of the live because they didn't want to spoil it for anyone in the upcoming legs of the tour, so I will honour that request and not give out any details of the live.  Let's just say that they sang a mix of newer and older songs.  Even if I don't name which one of their new songs they sang, I think Perfume fans should be able to guess a few of those titles and get them correct. :)

I will say, though, that the girls were very funny during the MCs and there is one MC which is pure gold!!!! Very very funny!! :)

I really enjoyed myself tonight.  I was jumping and dancing and clapping from the beginning all the way to the end of the live.  It was a lot of fun.

Perfume.... PLEASE come back again to Singapore.  Although I know the likelihood of them ever reading this post is virtually zero, still I got to say this :P .... Please come back again and thanks for such a good time today.  すごく楽しかった!!! ありがとうございます!!



The above is a photo of the black concert t-shirt that I had originally bought but in the end had to exchange it for the lavender t-shirt because there was a hole in the shirt and they ran out of M sizes for the black shirt. :'(  They were very nice about it and offered me a refund or to exchange it for another different coloured shirt.  Luckily there were still M sized lavender shirts available so I picked that since I wanted to wear their concert T at the live. :P

  

The light in my room doesn't do this shirt justice.  Even just looking at it on the hanger doesn't do it justice.  But when you put it on, it's really quite nice. :)



The Singapore Perfume Fanclub made a paper fan and gave it out to everyone at the live.  It was really nice of them and it has such a cute design.  It was also very useful at the end because I was really hot and sweaty from all that jumping and I used the fan to try and cool myself down. :P

Okay, that's it for now... I'll attempt to write another post after this... but am not sure if I can complete it... we'll see. :)

For now, I'll be humming "Cling Cling" as I write up another post that is not Perfume related. :)

P.s. Oh... I almost forgot to write this... their English is pretty good now. They must have worked pretty hard at it. :)

2 comments:

desmondsph said...

have you been to the AFA concert as well?

just me said...

Yes, I've been to several of the AFA I LOVE ANISONG lives in Singapore. I also went to the live at AFA Malaysia. :)