description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Kalafina ~ "believe" debuts within Top 10 on the Oricon Daily Charts rank

I had to put in some unexpected OT and got home a lot later than I would have liked so have only just finished shooting photos of the singles.  I'll put them up a separate post after this but first....

source
OMEDETOU!!!  Kalafina's "believe" managed to debut at No. 9 on the Oricon Daily chart for 18th Nov 2014. I have to admit that I was not hopeful that they'll rank well because there are a ton of things being released on the 19th.  There are boy bands like Sexy Zone and old school rockers like Mr. Children and Superfly.  There's also Egoist who's "Fallen" is the theme song for another very popular anime "Psycho-Pass Season 2".  And there's Scandal too which is a very popular girl rock band.
To be honest, I really didn't think they'll rank above Scandal on pre-sales because Scandal is pretty big. I mean, seriously, the band has already done one-man lives in the arena while Kalafina's first one-man live in the Budokan is only next year.

Of course this could all change once the week is up.  The weekly ranks can differ by quite a bit from the ranking on the first day.  I still don't expect "believe" to rank that well given the competition this time.  So if they can finish the week in the Top 5, I think it'll be quite awesome.  And if they finish in the Top 10, it's pretty good too.

My other favourite Ieiri Leo did pretty good too.  She debuted at 12th on the daily chart. :)

source
Okay... of  to try and write a quick un-boxing post which would be as light on prose as I can make it. :P

No comments: