description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Kalafina ~ live at the Budokan 2015 - announced (updated)



Am at dinner now...will amend later. But wow...cool!!!!! :)

Amended 1am 27th Jun:

I'm home now. :)  Yeah, it was a late night and a late dinner, so I only just got home. :)

First, a proper write up of the announce. :)  Kalafina will be holding a two day one-man live at the Budokan  on the 28th Feb and 1st Mar 2015.  This live will be called ~Kalafina LIVE THE BEST 2015 “Red day” & “Blue Day”~.  Red Day will be on the 28th Feb and Blue Day will be on the 1st Mar.  Although they didn't actually say it yet, I think it's quite clear that the two days will have different set-lists with songs from the THE BEST "Red" album sung on "Red Day" and songs from THE BEST "Blue" album sung on "Blue Day".

This is incredibly good news for Kalafina and I think all Kalafina fans will be feeling very happy for them and Kajiura Yuki after reading this news.  I don't think I will be exaggerating to say that virtually all Japanese musicians, vocalists, singers etc. dream of performing at the Budokan.  While Kalafina have already performed at the Budokan, it was part of a much larger event and not their own one-man live.  To hold a one-man live in the Budokan, just one night alone is considered a pretty big deal already.  And Kalafina's announced two nights.  That's really something!!  According to wikipedia, the maximum capacity for the Budokan is 20,000 people which is HUGE.  Even if they don't intend to max that capacity, certainly for them to think that Kalafina can pull in maybe 15,000 people into the Budokan really means that Kalafina can well and truly say that they've made it.  I think any thing else after this, whether it's the Tokyo Dome or one of the arenas will be considered a bonus. :)

I'm really happy for Kalafina and Kajiura Yuki.  I hope that this live will be a huge success for them.  I would LOVE to be able to go but I'm not sure if I can get the finances together and get any leave yet.  But I think I will really have to try and put some serious money aside for now because I'm also committed to another trip in June next year.  If I can put enough money aside, I will really attempt to go for this live, not just to support my favourite composer and one of my favourite vocal units but also because I think it would be so cool to be part of this moment with them. :P

Anyway, the ticket price is 7,800 yen and pre-sales will begin on the 13th Dec 2014.

Okay... got to go... need to get some important stuff out of the way and then sleep.  Big day for me tomorrow. :)  Oyasumi. :)

8 comments:

Wei Hao said...

Now all I need is some excuse to obtain leave from my boss to go Japan. Hahah

Melvin said...

You have half a year to prepare yourself for this! Hope we can meet each other next year :D

just me said...

LOL... let's all try and go. :)

I know I'll try. Need to put some money aside over the next few months. Let's see how well I manage. :D

ClaraS said...

Probably I'll go! Haven't been to Japan since the consolation live! But I can't imagine what's the price of the tickets will be....have to start saving now... ;D

Melvin said...

A friend told me that fansclub preorder was just announced :/ didnt expect that fast

Melvin said...

but I am not too worried about getting tickets, the max capacity of budokan is 20k ppl.

just me said...

Oh... Melvin, you are correct, they have already announced the FJC member pre-sales application dates. I was surprised too that it was so quick. I thought it'll be later in the year.

If I read it correctly, they can apply from the 8th-13th July and only FJC members can purchase the two day tickets pack at 14600 yen which is a discount from getting two tickets separately.

I've asked my friend in Japan to try and get me tickets to go. Looks like if I get those tickets...I'm locked in to go to Japan for these lives. :P

Gosh... going to have to save lots of money. I guess...I'll have to cut back on the lives I was thinking of going to in Singapore. Either don't go or only get the cheaper tickets.

Fingers crossed!!! Hope my friend replies and helps me get those tickets.... I'm suddenly really excited about going. :D

just me said...

Hi ClaraS,

hahaha.... time to save for sure... let's all go to the Budokan next year!! :D