description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

ARASHI no Wakuwaku Gakkou 2014 will screen in Singapore

source
Also, this just popped up as well.  "ARASHI no Wakuwaku Gakko 2014"  will be live streamed in Singapore at Shaw Lido.  NOTE, this isn't a concert.  This is a live broadcast of the boy band doing community work.  They have been holding the Wakuwaku Gakko since the 2011 Great Eastern Japan Earthquake.

Check out Shaw's page for more information. CLICK ME. I'll confess that I don't know much about Wakuwaku Gakko because while I enjoy Arashi's songs in general, I'm not an Arashi fan so I actually don't really know much about anything Arashi does.  But this is something I know Arashi fans will be happy about.  This isn't just a taped screening, this is a live simulcast.  There will be subtitles for parts of the video.  I think the subtitled portions will be the pre-prepared video clips.  Anything that is ad-lip will not be subtitled.

Even though I'm not an Arashi fan, I think this is good news for all fans of Japanese entertainment and pop culture in Singapore.  I'm hoping this event succeeds and sells really well so that we may see more Japanese stuff come our way in the future. :)

No comments: