description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, June 06, 2014

K: Missing Kings ~ World Wide Premiere in Singapore, Malaysia & Taiwan

source
Yay!!  Looks like it'll continue to be a good year for Anime fans in Singapore.  I just saw this pop up on Cathay's website.  Looks like the K anime's movie will screen in Singapore and it's a world wide premiere too.  :)  According to the poster, it's scheduled to open on the 5th July in Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan. :)

But I'm wondering if this date is the correct date because this movie is schedule to open in Japan on the 12th July.... it's kind of unbelievable to me that it'll screen in these 3 countires outside of Japan before it opens in Japan.  If the opening date is correct, then it would be really WOW for me since it took Captain Harlock a year to come to Singapore and not even a scent of Evangelion 3.

Let me go do some quick googling.....

I'm still in shock to tell you the truth.  But it looks like it's true.  It was earlier announced that the film would screen first at the Japan Expo in France and the Anime Expo in LA. (source)  Both expositions take place at almost the same time in the first week of July.  So it looks like Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan will also be part of the World Wide Premiere.  :)

Okay anime fans in Singapore.... I think we should all go watch this film to try and show a strong sign of support for more screenings of anime films, more premières and more anime and Japanese pop culture events in Singapore. :P  Seriously, it's a really big deal that we'll be watching this film before the Japanese who live in Japan get to watch it.  I'm going to go finish the K anime which I started watching last week.  I started to watch it because Katsu from the band angela said in an interview on Animax Asia that he liked the anime K and I like angela and they sing K's theme songs so I thought I should try this anime out. :P

angela is also singing the theme song for the film, it's called Different Colors.  Oh no!!!!  This makes me want to buy the single again... I have been deliberately trying to forget about this and the Knights of Sidonia release.  *sweat !!

Here is the link to Cathay Cinema's page. CLICK ME.  And here is the link to the K: Missing Kings website. CLICK ME.

Here is a 3:40 min PV of the anime.  It has visuals from the anime cut to instrumental music.


Okay... time for me to go to bed.  Almost 1:30am !! :P  Oyasumi!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg!!!i just missed it ='(

just me said...

Don't worry... I think they're planning a general screening. :) I was going to write about it but am not sure if I'll ever get to it... here's the link. :)

http://www.cathaycineplexes.com.sg/movie_detail.aspx?status=coming&movie_id=1388