description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 14th April 2024

Monday, November 03, 2014

Kajiura Yuki to hold a talk show at Tsuda College

I remember seeing this quietly posted up on the FictionJunction Club webpage maybe two weeks ago.  Since it's an event I have no chance of attending and also because I was really busy, I didn't really pay a lot of attention to it till Kajiura Yuki wrote a series of tweets yesterday morning regarding this event


I didn't know this.  I didn't know that Tsuda College is Kajiura Yuki's alma mater.  Kajiura Yuki will be conducting a talk show at Tsuda College on the 15th November and it'll be a free event and is scheduled to last an hour.  You can check out details of the free event at this link.  CLICK ME.
I don't think most international fans will be able to attend but if you happen to be in the area and you understand Japanese, you might want to go check out the Tsuda College matsuri event on the 15th Nov.  As far as I can tell, it's open to all.

I'll attempt to loosely translate her subsequent tweets about the event because I found them interesting.  As my Japanese skills are still a work in progress, I'll only attempt to loosely translate the tweets and not try for absolute accuracy.  I think I can get the general meaning but I may be less then accurate here and there. Hopefully I won't be horrible inaccurate. :P Also, I won't embed these tweets because it'll take a long time to load on blogger.  So I screen captured them instead.




なつかしいのう。当時は国立市に住んでいたので、国分寺丘陵をものともせずチャリで通ってた!……時期もあった……。(途中で挫折した)

Nostalgic.  At that time she was living in Kunitachi City.  And she used to ride her bike through Kokubunji Hill.

(note; I couldn't find a Kokubunji Hill and I did a search both in Japanese and English... so it could be a hill in Kokubunji City, Kunitachi City and Kokubunji City are next to each other.)

そう、高校も大学も家もさんたまだった当時の私。さんたまは大好きでしたが、それでもお勤めして暫くして霞ヶ関勤務になった時、「ついに……ついに憧れのゼロサンに!(´▽`)(電話の市外局番的に)」と思ったものでございます……。

At that time, the high school she attended, the university she attended and her home were all in the three Tama (san tama) districts in Tokyo.

(note: the 3 Tama regions are Nishitama, Minamitama and Kitatama, which is a pretty big area actually.)

Although she loved the three Tama area, still, she was working for a while an office located in Kasumigaseki.  She thought, at last, she got the 03 that she had been yearning for.

(note: Kasumigaseki is in Chiyoda Ward which is one of the 23 wards of Tokyo.
03 is the telephone area code for Tokyo.)

大学入って、地方から来た友達と「家?国立市」「ん、何県?」「東京だよ!\(*`∧´)/」繰り返されたそんな会話も懐かしい。東京はね……23区だけじゃないんだよ……。

After she entered university, friends would ask her where her home was and she would say it's in Kunitachi City.  They'll ask what prefecture the city is in. She'll say Tokyo! \(*`∧´)/.
She kept having to say that and on recalling that, she finds it nostalgic and continues to say that Tokyo isn't only made up of 23 Wards.

国立市も引っ越しちゃってから行っていないけど、また天下市の時にでも遊びに行きたいですのう。もう今年は終わってしまいましたが……。

She hasn't returned to Kunitachi City ever since she moved out of the city. She wants to go and play again during the time of the Tenkaichi.  But this year's Tenkaichi is already over...

(note: As far as I have been able to figure out, Kunitachi City holds an event called Tenkaichi at the start of November every year.  The Tenkaichi is a three day street market.  Technically, this year's Tenkaichi isn't over yet but today is the last day and I don't suppose she'll have time to go.)

I'm really not sure how many people found the above interesting, maybe it's just me :P I found it interesting because it gave me a little insight about Kajiura Yuki's thoughts and where she lived, went to school and worked when she was younger.  Also, I found out a lot about the geography of Tokyo because I only knew about the 23 Wards of Tokyo.  I didn't know about the Tama districts.

Also, just to give you a little idea of the area she lived in in relation to Tsuda College, I made a little map thing from Google Maps.


Well... it's ridiculously late. :P  I enjoyed working through her tweets and I actually wanted to write another post but this one took a LOT longer than I anticipate... I guess I'll attempt to write the other post that I intended to write tomorrow night.  For now, I MUST go to bed.  Oyasumi. :)

No comments: