description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, April 04, 2015

Lantis Festival ~ Singapore 2015


I actually wanted to write a short post about the Lantis Festival live that I went to on 28th March, last Saturday.  But it was still within the seven days of mourning for Mr. Lee Kuan Yew and I wanted the blog to observe those seven days of mourning too.  I originally wanted to write an entire post on Sunday night, after his funeral procession but I spent most of the night watching and reading all the eulogies and different personal stories about him that I gave up on that idea.  Anyway, a lot of people wrote really good eulogies and tributes and I could not possibly write anything better so I decided just to read.

I want to say from the outset that it was very kind and sensitive of Lantis to also observe one minute of silence for Mr. Lee Yuan Yew right before they began the concert on Saturday night.  I don't know about the others in that hall but I thought it was very nice of them to do that.
To be honest, I really know very little about all the artistes that performed at the festival.  I only know who JAM Project is and I was actually going for both JAM Project and OLDCODEX because my friend told me that they sing and paint on stage.  I found that interesting so I decided to get the cheapest tickets and go. :)

I really did enjoy this live a lot more than I thought I would.  It was loads of fun and the concert was LONG!!! I think it was about 3 hours long... maybe more?  I'm not sure.  It was so long, they actually had a planned intermission. :)

I have to say I felt a little sorry for ChouCho who started the night.  It's not that she's bad, she's actually not bad at all. But her songs were kind of sweet and not rocking enough and the crowd wasn't warmed up enough yet.  At least, the crowd around me way back in the hall weren't quite warmed up yet and it didn't help that we started the night with a solemn one minute of silence.  It was always going to be hard for her to get everyone raring to go.  Well, maybe it was just my area way back in the hall. :)

Luckily, by the time the second performer Tadokoro Azusa took to the stage, I think people were getting quite warmed up and most people were jiving to the music and waving their light sticks or king blades.

I actually wanted to buy the king blade that they made for this Lantis Matsuri but I'm a little broke because I went a little crazy in Feb/Mar when I went to Kalafina's Budokan lives and bought  A TON of concert goods. :P  So I held back on getting those king blades because I also need to save for Yuki Kajiura Vol.12 lives this June and am thinking of trying to go back to Japan again for Kalafina's October lives. :P

So in the end, I just pumped my fist and danced along without light sticks.  It's not ideal, to be honest, but people with no money have no choice. :(

My favourites that night were probably Suzumura Kenichi, Ogata Megumi, OLDCODEX and JAM Project.  It was Suzuken who actually really got me all pumped up and since Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis is one of my most favourite anime theme songs ever, I was all pumped up when Ogata Megumi sang it.  OLDCODEX was awesome.  Just my type of head-banging type music. Hahahaha...it was fun. :)  And JAM Project was simply awesome at getting people all fired up.  Ending with JAM Project was perfect.  I was totally jumping and punching and waving etc by the end of the night. :)

My absolute favourite moment though had to be the collaboration between Okui Masami and Chihara Minori. The reason why I say it's my favourite moment was that they sang what's probably my favourite song that was sung at the Lantis Festival on Saturday.  They sang Rinbu Revolution from Revolutionary Girl Utena which is an anime that I REALLY liked.  So I was mighty pleased that they sang it and was really high and excited throughout Okui Masami's set.  She's probably my favourite of all the JAM Project singers. :)

Yeah, if Lantis Festival comes back to Singapore, I would be keen to go again.  This time I might actually buy the VIP tickets because now I know a lot more about them and how fun the live can be, if the price is right and I'm not broke, I'm likely to spring for a VIP tix. :)

Okay... busy day tomorrow, I'm going to shelf all my other planned posts.  There are a few Kalafina ones, and there's still Ieiri Leo's un-boxings and angela's un-boxings as well... lots and lots of stuff to write about... maybe tomorrow night, if I'm not too tired and not back too late from AAA's live in SG, I'll chip away at the backlog. :)

oyasumi :)

No comments: