description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Kalafina ~ Bessatsu Kadokawa Kalafina w/Space Craft tokuten

This really awesome magazine that features Kalafina has been out for some time.  It was actually available at the Budokan already but I didn't buy it then because I had pre-ordered it from two sources.  I ordered one from Kadokawa itself and one from the Space Craft Online store itself because I wanted the tokutens that came with them.

One of my friends surprised it by mailing it to me so that I didn't have to wait so I now have the pre-order from Space Craft with me.  I think I got this about two weeks ago?  I can't remember, but I was too busy to deal and I knew that photos of this and some translations have been floating around on the internet so I didn't feel the urgency to do it. :P  My other copy with the Kadokawa tokuten is still in Japan. I actually have a photo of the tokuten already, my other friend shot a photo of it. I'll try and remember to add it into this post later. I've amended the post to inlcude the photo of the Kadokawa tokuten. :)



I do have other magazines that feature Kalafina and Kajiura Yuki to get through but I haven't really shot photos of them yet, and since photos of these are already in my cloud storage, I thought I'll use the lunch hour to catch up on a few things on the blog.

My post will be pretty much picture heavy since I don't have time to translate and there are people doing it already.  They do a much better job than I would have been able to and they'll be faster I'm sure.  I'll just share a few more photos and encourage those who can read Japanese and are Kalafina fans to pick this up because it's really worth getting.

Not everyone gets a Bessatsu Kadokawa feature so I consider this really, really, really cool that Kalafina got one.  The magazine weighs in at 241 pages worth of photos, interviews and artwork.

Here are the photos... yes, I know some of them could have been better photographed, sorry. :(  I'm working on improving my setup in the future.  But as that would require some funds, it won't be immediate.

Okay... enough of that photos. :)

The Space Craft Online Shop gives out two tokutens if you pre-order with them.  You get a special cover which if I remember correctly will only be sent out with the pre-orders and aren't even available at the Budokan counter.  The other thing you'll get is the clear folder.  I must say I really like them both. :)



(ignore my Harry Potter bedsheets. :P)



The clear file isn't that big, it's about the same size as the magazine.

Here are the photos of the cover and various pages in the magazine.  There is also a few sheets of a yonkoma manga in the middle of the magazine which is quite amusing. There are interviews with the girls and also with Kajiura Yuki.  They also included interviews with other artists who like Kalafina, as well as anime industry professionals like ufotable's Kondo Hikaru etc.  These pages are just a very small portion of all the stuff packed in this magazine.



Finally, I have to highlight this particular yonkoma manga because it is about SINGAPORE!!!!! :)  It's about the time Kalafina came to Singapore for Anime Festival Asia.  They went to the Merlion Park to take a photo with the Merlion.  The person who was accompanying them took a close up of the trio and you can barely see the Merlion in the photo.  He then quipped that it's because the three of them were too radiant.  :)  Well, I find it hard to disagree with him. LOL!!!



If anyone wants to get this issue of Bessatsu Kadokawa, you can use CDJapan like I sometimes do CLICK ME, or other places like Amazon Japan, HMV Japan should also have them and will ship internationally.

Okay.... time to finish my lunch and get back to work ten minutes from now. :)

p.s. Will try and work on putting up photos of the other magazines of them and Kajiura Yuki and other stuff tonight and over the next few nights... or lunches... we'll see. :)

No comments: