description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Kajiura Yuki ~ AJ vol.5 long interview

I picked up this magazine sometime back because it said that there would be a long interview with Kajiura Yuki and it did not disappoint. :) This magazine's dimensions are maybe slightly bigger than A4 size and has nice quality paper. Kajiura Yuki gets 6 full pages.

The magazine includes interviews and articles about various celebrities in Asia not just in Japan. Hence the title of the magazine, AJ = Asia Japan, I think. Kinki Kids graces this cover and it has articles on Eikura Nana and directors like Zhang Yimou and Tsai Mingliang etc. It also includes articles on Korean directors and actors which I am not familiar with but I think are quite well known.

So to me, it is quite cool that Kajiura Yuki got a nice long feature in a magazine like this.
The article is mostly about Kajiura sensei herself and there is very little mention of Kalafina, so if you are a Kalafina fan, this would not make a good buy at all.

I have been working on reading the article. It is taking me a while because my vocabulary is quite weak and there is a lot of kanji I don't recognise so I have to check the dictionary many times.

So far it is a pretty good read and the article seems to be concentrating on Kajiura sensei's career as a soundtrack composer rather than her songwriting, hence barely a mention of Kalafina and even FictionJunction. Some day I might attempt to summarise parts of the article in English, but it may not happen...we'll see. :P If that happens, it will get its own post. :)

Here are the photos of the article. I do encourage buying these items that I unbox so if you have the financial means, please do consider picking this up if you are a Kajiura Yuki fan. :)

  

For those who are interested in this magazine, CDJapan and other online sites are offering it. For those who wish to get it from CDJapan, you can click me to get to the direct product page.

Kalafina is also supposed to make an appearance in AJ's sister magazine AJ Girls vol.1 apparently. But there are a ton of names that will also be featured in the magazine so I will be taking a wait and see approach because I am not sure if it is worth picking it up.

That's all for now. :)

mobile blog

No comments: