description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, April 24, 2015

angela ~ Soukyuu no Fafner "exist" / "Complete Best Album" -- un-boxings

Finally, I have a little time to blog tonight. :)  I had to put in a little OT tonight but it wasn't too late and I'm not too tired, so I will write at least one post tonight. :)  This post will be picture heavy and hopefully text light. :)

FINALLY.... my un-boxing posts on two angela releases.  Both these releases aren't really that new any more.  They were both released on the 11th Febuary, but I didn't have time to do it then and I would like to do it because I like angela. :)


I'm very fond of angela's Soukyuu no Fafner songs even though I must confess that I've never watched the anime.  It's not that I don't want to, it looks interesting enough but I have so much stuff to do and so much anime to catch up on, I can't say when and if I would ever get to it.  However, somehow, I just know and like several of angela's songs for the Fafner series and so when they announced the release of exist and the Complete Best Album, I knew that I wanted to get them both. :)

I'll post up photos of the exist single first.  If you want to listen to samples of all the tracks, you can go to the CDJapan product page for this release and scroll to the bottom of the page for the links.  CLICK ME. This is the theme song for the new Soukyuu no Fafner anime, EXODUS.

Here's the short PV of the song.  This is the official upload on YouTube, so the chances of it disappearing any time soon is not high and thankfully, it's not region locked. :)



Here are the photos of exist.

   

The above are photos of the single, with the plastic wrapping on and off.  I ordered early enough to get the first press bonuses.  One of them is that the CD will come with a special transparent outer case.  The latter two photos show you the single with the transparent case on.  If you look at the bottom two photos, there are photos of the transparent case itself too.

 

The set of photos below are of the CD and the insert booklet.  There are no photos of angela in this release.  If I remember correctly, there is only an anime version of this release.

    

There is a sheet of paper that's inserted in the insert booklet in the first press release. I think this gives you a chance to enter the lottery for tickets to their tour before they open it for general release. There's a serial number but I blacked it but it doesn't matter any more actually because the deadline to enter the draw is over.

 

The third thing that one will get with the first press bonus is this card in the photos below.  This is a randomly inserted card.  There are five versions.  If you want the other versions, you'll have to buy at least five versions of this single and hope you get all five.  Since I'm not a fan of the series, I didn't try.  One card is more than enough for me. :)

 

The last thing one gets with the first press release purchase of this single is the photo on the right in the picture below.  This is an external bonus and is give out to all who purchase it from CDJapan.



If you purchase the Soukyuu no Fafner Complete Best Album, you'll get an external bonus from CDJapan too.  That's the photo on the left.  If you wish to listen to samples for all the tracks on on this album, like the exist single, you can go to the product page on CDJapan and scroll to the bottom for the links.  CLICK ME.

Here's a video of probably their most famous and most popular song from the Fafner franchise.  Here is a short PV of one of the live versions of Shangri-La.  It's a really good song and my favourite angela song from the Fafner series and also one of the favourite songs at their lives.



Now.... here are the photos of the Complete Best Album.

 

Here are the photos of the CD with the plastic wrapping still on.

     

Here are the photos of the CD with the transparent cover that comes with the First Press Bonus.

      


And here are the photos of the CD without transparent cover, the two CDs themselves and sample pages from the insert booklet.  This booklet, like the exist single's booklet, does not contain photos of angela.  It does contain several stills taken from the Fafner anime.

If you like angela and their Fafner songs, there isn't really any reason to dislike these releases at all. I like exsit and the coupling song too.  Since I already like many of the Fafner songs, I'm already predisposed to liking the Complete Best Album as well.  So, in my opinion, it's money well spent. :)

Okay, I'm going to continue my angela post in another post above.  This will be about their upcoming Knights of Sidonia release. :)  But first, I'll publish this post.

No comments: