description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, April 10, 2015

Kalafina official website renewed ~ ring your bell version


Kalafina's official website has renewed its landing page today.  We now have photos for "ring you bell" as well as the short preview version of the music video.  :)

This doesn't seem to be a big renewal actually because only the landing page has changed so far.  The artwork on the rest of the pages, like their official blog etc still sport artwork from the "believe" single.

Unfortunately, as always, it is IP locked to Japan only. :(  I really wish that whoever manages copyright for Kalafina will make these kinds of promo videos available to international fans.  I don't get why Japan is so ridiculously protective of CMs, PVs, short MVs etc.  These are promotional materials and aren't even full music videos.  How are you going to promote them internationally if those outside of Japan must jump through hoops just to watch a 15sec or 30sec promo video? 
KPP and Perfume etc harness the power of YouTube very well and it hasn't hurt them in terms of popularity and sales at all.  Look at Suiyoubi no Campanella for example. I saw one of their MVs on J-Melo, got really interested in them and went to their YouTube channel where they have full versions of their MVs and loved them. I actually got my friend to buy me Demo5 and plan on buying their album when I visit Japan in June.

It's not just that I am grumpy that I have to wait till I can get home to use VPN to watch this short video or hunt for it online hoping that someone ripped it and uploaded it.  If I wanted to share Kalafina's music with friends who don't know their music at all, there are virtually no official sources for me to do so.  And if international websites like AFAChan etc want to write about the new releases, they can't even link an official version of the short version of the PV, CM etc.  That just doesn't make sense to me.

I really genuinely don't understand why most of the Japanese industry still locks the rest of the world out when I actually do think it's beneficial to actually reach out to the rest of us who don't live in Japan.  For now, the rest of us just "lan lan suck thumb" (singlish). :(

8 comments:

putschki1969 said...

http://putschki1969.tumblr.com/post/116014719681/kalafina-ring-your-bell-found-this-on-weibo
There you go :-)

Sorry for the random post. I'm a frequent reader of your blog but I never really comment since I don't use blogger >_<

Anyways, enjoy.

PS: It totally frustrates me too. I hate that I have to use proxy and whatnot to get access to a freaking 30sec clip T_T

just me said...

Oh wow!!!! Thanks so much for the link. Now I don't have to hunt for it. Came back so late last night and went straight to bed...now out cycling....will watch when I get back. :)

Thanks for reading my blog and for leaving me a comment!

:) :) thanks :) :)

putschki1969 said...

By now, a longer clip has been uploaded to all major sites like FB fanpages and VK. Be sure to check it out! It's also on Bilibili (where it originally came from, I think) ^_^
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av2206284/

You are welcome! Your page is SO lovely and I especially love to read your reports! You are a very dedicated fan :-) (and I wish I had been at Budoukan!! *sobs*)

I wish I would spend more time on other sites instead of just tumblr and sometimes twitter >_> But meh, no time for that. T_T

just me said...

Thank you soooo very much for the information putschki1969 :)

I have managed to locate the tv size video and have watched it. The girls look so lovely in that pastoral setting, don't they? :)

I checked out your tumblr page, it's pretty cool. You're a big Kalafina fan too. :) NICE!! :)

Thanks for the compliments about the blog, it really makes me smile. :) :) :)

Yeah... I wish all fans could have been at the Budokan that night. It was a really good live. Have you had the chance to see them live yet? :) I think they are magic at their lives. :)

We're all busy people, we do what we can and what we enjoy... tumblr is fine... I think your page is lovely and has translations and stuff and that takes A LOT of time and effort. Two thumbs up!!! :) Will check in every once in a while. :)

cheers

putschki1969 said...

You are welcome!!

It is super lovely!! Can't wait to see it all!! (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

I AM a tiny bit obsessed, that's true (⌒▽⌒)
I try to keep my blog Kalafina-only (with the occasional random post XD). And yes, I post translations from time to time, most recently, Keiko's Spiritual Message. It was the first time I had ever done something SO big ((-_-)) Phew, I was close to giving up a couple of times (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
But I somehow managed ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ Yippie ^_^

You are welcome, you are super dedicated and I just enjoy seeing that.

Forever sad about those lives and every other live I missed 。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。

Yes, I was lucky enough to see them both in Germany at Animagic and in France at Japan Expo. Best experiences of my life!!! But of course it's not the same as seeing them live with their band and with proper equipment. That's still a dream of mine!

Thank you for your kind words :-)

just me said...

Hi hi putschki1969,

Sorry for the late reply. :) Been a bit busy and tired lately. :)

Keiko's Spiritual Message, I went to your blog and read it. Thanks soooo much for translating it... that's awesome work and I'm glad that I know more about Keiko now.

That's sooooo much work!!! I'm glad you did Keiko's too... she's my favourite. :P Or course I love Wakana and Hikaru too... without them, it would not be Kalafina. But I've loved Keiko's voice from the first few Kalafina songs that I heard and hence, it's hard to replace Keiko as my favourite. :)

Yeah... I've missed a lot of lives too... and I'm always sad when I can't go. They're lives are so addicting.... I'm poisoned!! :P

Ahhhhhh.... I wish I could have been at Animagic and Japan Expo too. Looked like so much fun. Lucky you! :)

Hope that someday you will be able to see them with the Front Band Members and in a nice hall etc. Really magical. :)

Let's both work hard on our blogs and being Kalafina fans. :P

cheers!! :)

putschki1969 said...

Waaaah, now I am sorry. I forgot to check whether you had replied or not >_<

No worries, I know that feeling!

Awww, glad you enjoyed it! I hope I did an okay job, I really put a lot of effort into it. :-) I enjoy reading through it as well now that I've distanced myself from the frustration of translating it ^_^ She really shares a lot of personal stuff here. It's a very precious interview. Can't wait till the other two interviews are translated. I've had to force myself not to start reading them because I know once I start, I'll want to translate those too >_<

I will be translating Keiko's Personal Interview though. (as soon as I finish a paper for uni >_>)

Keiko is my favourite too!!! <3 But really, I love them all so much!!! They are my babies!! But it's Keiko's voice that I first fell in love with!! (。♥‿♥。) So yeah, I totally get what you are saying!

Yes, their lives are really addicting!!

A ton of great things happened there, yes!!! It's a shame I wasn't able to attend all the Kalafina related events *sobs* Back then, I was very busy with work so I missed out on some of their awesome games/interviews etc. I did get to see their concerts tho and I attended the signing session at Animagic so I'm super grateful for that!!! Still can't believe I was able to see them and talk to them for a couple seconds!!! *dies*

Yes!!! Let's do that!!! ^_^

just me said...

Oh wow... One Month late... I'm sorry, I somehow missed your comment. :(

I don't know if you'll read this since I don't think you'll get an email notification. Sorry!! :(

Well... no matter how many lives I've attended and how many signings I've attended, I'll always be super envious of anyone who's been to live and events that I haven't been to. :P SO I am super envious of you going to Animagic too. :D

Hahahaha... I know how you feel about seeing them up-close and talking to them for a couple of seconds... I could barely think and breathe, I think. :P