description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, April 05, 2015

AAA Asia Tour 2015 - Attack All Around - in Singapore ~ my experience :)


Wow!!!!!!! This was a really fun live.  I was really jumping and dancing a lot.  I didn't expect it to be so fun, to be honest.  I like AAA which is why when I heard that they were coming to Singapore, I was very excited and decided that I would go for the live.  I wanted VIP tickets but the friends I was with wanted to get Standard tix so that is what I got in the end.

 
The queue outside Scape was efficient and orderly. :)

Regular visitors to my blog will know that I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE Kajiura Yuki, FictionJunction and Kalafina fan.  I also like angela, Ieiri Leo and Suiyobi no Campenella a lot.  So some may be surprised that I like AAA too.

While I'm not a huge fan of AAA, I really do enjoy their music.  Fun stuff.  It's not common knowledge but I've liked them since I heard Hurricane Riri, Boston Mari (2006).  It was the theme song for a Japanese drama called 7 nin no Onna Bengoshi which I watched because Shaku Yumiko was in it and I liked her loads from Princess Blade the movie. :)  I ended up REALLY liking the song Hurricane Riri, Boston Mari and since then, I'll always paid a bit of attention to what AAA was doing and I would go check out their new songs etc.

So with that as a backdrop, you may understand why I say I didn't expect to enjoy the live so much. I knew I would enjoy it but since I'm not their biggest fan, I didn't think I would have so much fun.

Inside the concert venue, this is after the live already.

Scape is seriously not the best location for a live if we're talking about acoustics.  BUT it's decent enough and the location has a live house feel which is really cool since even if you're at the back, you don't feel this huge gulf separating you from the performers on the stage.  This is the first time that I've gotten Standard tix for a live in Scape, usually, I'm on VIP.  But because Scape is small, AAA can actually kinda see those of us at the back of the concert hall.  And it was VERY COOL.  Because at times it feels as though, they were waving and pointing at me. :P  Also, AVEX didn't try and pack in as many people as possible which I must really commend them for.  It really didn't feel too packed and I think that helped made the live safer and more enjoyable.

I was fortunate to be standing next to a bunch of AAA fans that were really into the lives. They were at the back in the centre and were so into the lives that they even attracted AAA's attention.  I am almost right next to them, just a teeny bit to their their right and a little behind them.  I was dancing and jumping with all my might throughout most of the live.  So unfortunately, when we got to Hurricane Riri after the encore I was actually a little winded and could not jump so much.  Why do I say that I was fortunate?  it was because it was easy to get into the spirit of things when others are so into it too and also, I didn't feel so out of place since I was really jumping and waving and whooping throughout the night.  So thank you middle group of AAA fans, you were part of the fun. :)

The seven members of AAA were very energetic and quite funny and pleasant on stage.  They seemed genuinely interested in how we got to know AAA.  Well, I didn't yell out Hurricane Riri was my first AAA song so they don't know that. :) I think people called out the song from Kamen Rider and some people mentioned Tumbling.  I couldn't catch the rest.  Nishijima Takahiro pretended to try and execute a somersault because of Tumbling where he has an acting role, but in the end he was just pulling our leg and just struck a pose.   It was quite funny.

The other bit that was really funny was them trying to get Nishijima to ask the audience for help to learn English.  It was really funny because Nishijima kept getting it wrong. He was suppose to ask us in Japanese how to say a sentence in English but he kept asking us to help him translate his English sentence into English.  It cracked me up. :P

AAA is pretty good at getting a crowd fired up.  They danced really well too and the guys look so dashing, the girls look so beautiful. :)

It was really cool of them to thrown out autographed balls into the crowd too.  Midway though one of the songs, they started throwing out these autographed balls. Since I was way at the back of the hall, I didn't think that I would be able to get any of the balls.  BUT I WAS WRONG!!!! :)  As I was dancing along, suddenly my sight was slightly obscured as a ball came flying in my direction.  Luckily I was still able to reach out to grab it even though I was really surprised.  It hit my hands and spilled out and rolled on the floor.  But I dropped to my knees and quickly secured the ball.  THIS WAS SOOOOOO AWESOME for me because I never expected to be able to get anything at all.  SOOOOOOO happy.

This is the Nishijima autographed ball which I caught. :)

I actually got Nishijima's autograph apparently.  I didn't know that then of course because I don't know what their signatures looked like.  After the live, while taking photos of the ball, a group of girls approached me and asked if I would be willing to exchange my ball with the green autographed ball that one of them was holding.  She said she was a huge Nishijima fan and I thought, okay, I'm not such a big fan and it would be nice that a big fan got the ball so I exchanged it with her.. :)  In the end, it seems that the green ball is Urata Naoya's autograph.  Now this is a happy exchange for me.  If I had to chose who I liked best in AAA it would be Urata Naoya and Uno Misako so by exchanging that ball with that girl, I actually got an autograph I would have preferred. NOW that was cool. :)  The only thing is, Urata actually autographed the ball with 2014.... hahahahaha... um.... it's 2015 this year. :P  But it doesn't matter to me, I am really, really, really, really happy I got one of the autographed balls, so I'm not complaining. :)

 
This is the Urata autographed ball that I got when I exchanged my original ball with her's. :)

I brought my niece along for her very first concert experience.  She didn't know anything about AAA before this but after that she wanted to buy concert merchandise, and told me she had a really good time and liked AAA a lot. :)  That made me really happy too. :)

Anyway, I did take her to the merchandise counter and thought that I would buy her a gift. :)  But they only had XL sizes left for the t-shirts so in the end I bought the Mascot Key Chain for her.  One for me and one for her, to be exact. :P

 
These are random, so you can't choose who you get.

I do need some help with this though.  AAA has seven members, two of whom are girls.  So I know these mascot keychains aren't of Uno Misako or Itou Chiaki. BUT who's mascot are they suppose to be?  So if anyone chances across this blog post.... Help? :) Thanks in advance.

Okay...it's really late now but I wanted to write this while it's still fresh in my mind. I know it's a little rambling... sorry... but I hope you enjoyed this post anyway. :) Meanwhile, I need to go to bed. Good night!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Wish I bumped into you too, was looking for someone with a nissy ball to exchange with Haha. About the mascot key chains, the one on the left should be Shuuta, and the right one looks like Hidaka. I could be wrong, since I'm a new fan. The best way to confirm is to check the colour of the tags, Hidaka should be yellow and Shuuta should be pink. Hope this helps, and glad you had fun at the concert too!

just me said...

Hi!!!

Thanks very much for replying. :) The one I have with me has a yellow tag, so you are right, that would be Hidaka then. Thanks so much for the tip. I didn't know they colour coded them. I guess I should have thought of it since the autographed balls are colour coded too. :)

I don't know what the colour of the other tag is, will have to check with my niece. But I suspect you'll be correct too. :)

Pity about the nissy ball for you. I know he's pretty popular. Maybe they'll come down again and throw more autographed stuff out... fingers crossed that you get a nissy autographed something again. :)

It was a good live... I would go again if they come back to Singapore again. :)

cheers