description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, November 25, 2011

Japan trip 3 - day 2 - part 2


We went directly to tsukiji market from haneda airport to try and eat the omakase sushi breakfast at sushi dai. But we got majorly lost and the gps lead us all over the market ... Maybe even into the restricted areas :p ... In the end we managed to find sushi dai but we were there quite late, about 8am. A lady from sushi dai came out and told us that we would most likely have to wait for 3 hours to eat at the restaurant!!!! so after some deliberation... We decided to eat at the restaurant next door. I don't know which is more delicious but this place we went to was super so we were v happy. After a full breakfast .... It is Tokyo Tower next. :)

2 comments:

YTSL said...

3 hours!!! :O

I've been to Sushi Dai twice -- the first time, I was with my mother and I think we waited for about 1 1/2 hours. The second time, I was alone and waited for "just" one hour.

Both times, I figure the wait was very worth it! :)

So... the place you ended up going to: was it Sushi Daiwa?

just me said...

Hi hi.... if it was 1 1/2 hours i would have waited.... but 3 hours..... :( ... we were also soooo tired.... i think we only had 2 hours of sleep on the plane and we still had to hit Tokyo tower and zozoji shrine. in the end we elected to eat next door so that we could take care of the morning activities quickly so that we could sleep for a bit in the hotel. :p and yes, i think it was sushi daiwa. :)