description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Anime Festival Asia 2011 - Day 1

photo courtesy of AFA11
Yesterday was the first day of the Anime Festival Asia 2011.  If I'm not wrong, the day began with a press preview where the anisong singers and the other artistes showed up to say hello.  I'm no longer part of the press so, unfortunately, I was at work while this event was going on.  Then there is the Cool Japan Forum at 1pm which I also did not attend.  I don't think the anisong stars and the other artiste were at the forum.

photo courtesy of AFA11
I don't know what Kalafina was up to all day after the press preview.  I suspect they were doing a short city tour of Singapore and possibly documenting it on video or in photos for future publicity use.  That, or they were possibly also giving interviews for magazine etc.  I really don't know... I'm just speculating. :)

The organisers also made a little video thing which is hosted on both FB and youtube.  It's not much, just footage of the artistes on stage set to some generic library music.  For us Kalafina fans, the trio appear a few times in the video.  There is no VO and no audio from the event, just the library music.  If you're interested... here is the youtube vid. :)


I returned from work at 1145pm today... super long and very tiring day at work.  I'm not unhappy about it though... it was interesting, albeit, somewhat frustrating when I couldn't figure out how to clean up certain bits of the footage.  But the reward at the end of a day of pounding at the door was well worth it as I think I'm beginning to be able to wrap my head around the basics of doing this kind of clean up.  So am very happy, although I am super, super tired.

Much as I would love to write more... I also have a very long busy weekend ahead of me.  First, table tennis in the morning, then Japanese class, then AFA11 =D and then dinner with the family, then home to rest for an even busier Sunday at AFA11. :)

I hope to write up a little something about my time at AFA11 when I have time... hopefully, I will have a post up by late Sunday night or Monday night... we'll see... for now... I need to sleep... it's 130am and I need to settle some details etc be4 I go to bed.

Good night everyone :)
p.s. not proof reading again. :p

No comments: