description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, November 25, 2011

Japan trip 3 - Kalafina After Eden Special Live


Oh my god!!!! just when you thought just how much better can Kalafina get... they pull out an amazing amazing amazing performance!!!!! This is better than the kagayaku live in the lemon cc hall last Dec. Even the atmosphere was better than the anisong live at afa two weeks ago. They did so many things new and different and it all worked.

They used in-ear monitors this time for this live and this enabled them to more and dance more on the stage. Keiko was the most lively as usual but both hikaru and wakana weren't far behind.

They had a arena area for the first time and their stage extended like a catwalk into the standing only crowd allowing them to interact better with their audience. It worked too... and them bringing their bayfm chit chat really worked too. I didn't understand most of it but i laughed at the bits i understood and others laughed a lot too. It was great fun. I think part of why they didn't seem as able to stir up the crowd as much in Singapore is i think because they were hampered by the language.

They really have come a long long way since last year. It is amazing how much they have grown as a live performing unit in just one year. So much more open, more passionate, more comfortable, more fun, and all this without sacrificing any of the singing. In fact, they sound even more amazing then before. The harmony and the singing at this live was awesome.... truly incredible.... mesmerizing beautiful... simply awesome!!!

Of course since it is a live, i can't say it is studio perfect but the little hiccups are nothing compared to the wonderful whole. This is without a doubt an amazing live and to me.... I feel i am so honoured and so fortunate to be able to be part of this moment... a moment where Kalafina shows us yet another massive jump in their abilities. And like a butterfly... another beautiful transformation.

After Eden, the album, allowed Kalafina to dance, to rock as well as to soar. This concert was a mish mash of music genres.... all beautifully performed.... showcasing the length and depth of their ability.

Masterfully done by Kalafina and Kajiura Yuki.... and fantastically accompanied by an awesome live band... the musicians did not put a single foot wrong.... beautiful. :)

If i sound like i am gushing.... It is because i am gushing.... All four of us were gushing after the Live about just how fantastic the Live was.

Okay.... I need to stop.... If not i would go on rambling about how high i feel right now. :)

Good thing for everyone is there were cameras shooting away today.... I smell a dvd/blu -ray release!!!!!! :)

okay.... When i return to Singapore i Will make corrections to the grammar, spelling and punctuation. it is hard for me to do it while i mobile blog.... Please forgive all the mistakes made. :) I Will also try and gather my thoughts and write a better post on the concert after i return to Singapore... try... :)

good night everyone.... I Will try and sleep.... If i can.... :p

3 comments:

shizu said...

Oh Cool~!!

I can't wait for ur concert review!!!
I'm currently hooked on sandpaper xD
Such a beautiful song~

wow~ If e camera were really or blu-ray/DVD, so lucky! Cuz u can experience n rem e live u had everytime u watch~

Btw is this their 1st LIVE in Tokyo Dome?

Anonymous said...

Ohmigosh you got to see After Eden live...so lucky...
I hope there's a DVD/BD released soon. :DD

just me said...

Hi Shizu and Anonymous,

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. :)

Yes, I am very fortunate to have been able to see the After Eden Live. It was really very good and I don't think a dvd / blu-ray could possible bring across the feeling of being at a Live.

I hope that you guys will one day be able to experience what I have experienced and that Kalafina will be at the top of their game at the Lives you attend, like how they were at the After Eden Live.

Shizu... Sandpiper is a really pretty song. :) I like it loads too. I'm a mega fan so I like a lot of their music... their's and FictionJunction's. I would love to go to a FJ Live at least once in my life too but unfortunately, the Kalafina lives happen to coincide with my daily schedule a little better so... well, we'll see... maybe someday I can go to both a FJ Live and a Kalafina Live in the same year. :D

Yeah, I really think that there will be a dvd / blu-ray release because this was a multi-camera shoot... there were several cameras and the lighting design and stage design was also more complex than their previous lives. That'll be cool for all of us fans, yah? :)

Shizu... the Live was in Tokyo Dome, that's huge venue which Kalafina won't be able to fill... at lease not yet... :D... we fans must hope for more. :) The live was at the Tokyo Dome City Hall which has a max capacity of 3000+ if the seats are converted to all standing in the arena area. I'm not sure... but this is perhaps the largest capacity hall they have used in their own Lives to date.

K... I will try and write more about my trip and the Live... it's been about a week after the Live... so I think my thoughts will be kind of scattered etc... but will try to write up something by Sunday.

K... gotta go.. cheers.