description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Monday, April 20, 2015

Stefanie Sun Yanzi ~ "Radio" single - un-boxing

I was waiting for Niconico to begin streaming Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] last night because I wanted to participate in Fate/tweet night and listen to Kalafina's ring your bell (in the silence) as soon as possible.  So I stopped writing this post and switched to FSN last night and after watching the very engrossing EP15 and listening to Kalafina's song, I just had to write a post about it. :P

So now.... here it is finally, after sitting in draft waiting for me to complete it....My Stefanie Sun Yanzi Radio single un-boxing post. :)


One of the things I like about how they market Stefanie Sun is that a lot of her MVs, if not all of them, are not region locked unlike Kalafina's :'(
This is a new release from one of my favourite Chinese music singers of all time.  I have a few that I really like Faye Wong and Kit Chan and Stefanie Sun is right up there with them. :)  I used to listen to her all the time and own all her albums except the most recent one because I stupidly didn't know she was back and that she released a new album, titled Kepler, and went on tour too.  So I missed going to her concert in Singapore last year and am still incredibly bummed about that. ;'(  I'll be picking up the Kepler album too. Will buy that soon when I have time to go to a CD shop in SG.

Here are my two favourite songs from the Kepler album. :)  I need to make time to buy this album so that I can rip flacs for my player.





Before Kepler, Stefanie had been on hiatus for a while and although she did bits and pieces of things, I kind of lost touch with what she was doing as I became more and more immersed in Kajiura Yuki's music.  So because I missed out on the news on Kepler and her tour as well, I found and joined Stefanie's Singapore Fan Club Facebook page and found out about the release of the Radio single.  This CD had to be pre-ordered if I remember correctly.  I think if you don't pre-order it, you probably can't buy the CD unless you look through the auction sites etc.  I stress that I THINK this was the case because I don't remember anymore.

Well, I ordered it through the Singapore Fan Club Facebook page because they were organising a mass buy from Taiwan and it was shipped to me last week.... I think... or was it the week before... I don't quite remember. :P



The CD single's packaging is quite interesting and so I took some time to shoot photos of it and thought I would share it with anyone who's interested in Stefanie Sun too.

First up.... all the rest of the photos. :)

                

It is kind of cool and unusual, isn't it? :)  The thick paper unfolds to reveal two pockets where the CD and the DVD are kept.  The insert booklet is also nicely printed and has a nice cover.  It's all very pretty for a single.  But then, this is Stefanie Sun and she's a really big Chinese music artist, so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised. :)

As for Radio, I actually quite like the song.  In some ways, it doesn't deviate too far from Stefanie's style of music and singing but then that's precisely why I like her so much. It's why I am still a fan after so many years.  It's kind of like how I feel about Kajiura Yuki's music.  I like Kajiura Yuki's signature style and while I am more than happy for both her and Stefanie to deviate and to explore, ultimately, I would still like the songs they write to retain a little of their personality in them.  If they completely go off on a tangent and I can't find them in their music, then perhaps that's when I will slowly stop being their fan. But I digress.... :P

Okay... that's it from me for tonight.  I got up really early for work today and only got home at night, so I would like to call it an early night.

There was a Kajiura Yuki post, I wanted to write.... but there is still a little time for that... and I'm sure that most fans know about it already.... but if I have time, I'll write it anyway... sometime tomorrow. :)

For now... good night. :)

No comments: