description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Yuki Kajiura Live Vol.12 ~ Day 4 - Soundtrack SP - comments


Soundtrack SP was once again VERY awesome.  The special vocalist this time wasn't Itoh Eri but Kasahara Yuri.  So it did make things quite different but still really good.  It was nice to be able to see both Itoh Eri and Kasahara Yuri at the Vol.12 lives because originally I thought that I would not be able to see the both of them and that they would only appear at the Orchard lives in July.  So it made me happy that I did see both of them.

Seriously, I love Kajiura Yuki's music.  All of it was just spellbinding for me.  Loved it all on Day 3 and still loving it on Day 4.  The Hanako to An songs were really interesting because I have all the OSTs and so have heard all the songs before but the live version will always be different and with Kajiura Yuki, her live version is often better than her studio version.  No exception here.  The live versions are superb.  This is also the first time we have Nakajima Obawo on percussion and Nakahara Naomi on uilleann pipes too. These are new to Kajiura Yuki's lives and they really added to the live a lot.
My favourite section is probably still the Madoka Magica OST section.  I can't help it.  I really did love that anime and really loved the music.  It is one of my favourite Kajiura Yuki OSTs.  Also, I really love how Konno Hitoshi plays his violin in this section.  The distorted stings bit, v cool!!

It really amazes me just how much Kajiura Yuki can talk about instruments, music and the sounds they make.  Although I only understood part of it, it was still fascinating to hear her talk about it.  I really enjoy it.  She's amusing too and very animated and passionate when she talks about music.  You have to love that about a composer. :)

Also, once again Red Rose was one of the highlights of this live for me.  All the instruments and the guest vocalist are on stage for this song and it is AMAZING.  Everyone got super high on this song.  Kajiura Yuki and the musicians and the vocalist completely love performing this song, you can tell.  It is very obvious. :) Even though I was on the second floor and on the far right, you can still tell how much they enjoyed it.

Of course, for me, the highlight for today is not the Soundtrack SP.  Much as I love instrumentals, and I really love them too, I have many OSTs and instrumental albums in my CD collection.  But today, I had an incredibly good seat for the Nihongo Only SP later that day and it would be hard for anything to top that.  That'll be in the next post.  So I'll end this one here with a picture of the stamp for this live. :)

No comments: