description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, June 12, 2015

Yuki Kajiura Live vol.12 ~ Day 2 - part 2


It was another awesome live from Kajiura Yuki. I loved it again. Seriously, in my opinion, the only way to truly appreciate her work is to hear it live. It always amazes me just how magical it all sounds.

The night opened with Sword Art Online songs which shouldn't be a surprise since Remi is one of the guest stars. I thought it was a nice and powerful opening.
I thought FictionJunction were all pretty awesome today. When they came together and harmonised I was mezmerised. My seat wasn't very good today. I was way up on the third floor but luckily the guy in front of me sat back in his seat for the entire live which meant that I got a nice unblocked view of the stage. So I could see everyone even though it was way up there. I started the night sitting ramrod straight so that I could see everything but I kept moving forward to the end of my seat. It was like there was an invisible string that kept drawing me towards the music from the stage and the speakers in front of me. LOL....magic!


Being a Keiko fan, it pleased me greatly to hear "I Swear", " Cynical World" and "Maybe Tomorrow" where she gets sings significant portions of the song solo. I really love her lovely deep voice. In some of the songs where she is harmonising she seemed to go really low.

I was really happy to hear "My Long Forgotten Cloistered Sleep" too. I really like this song. I loved the parts where Keiko and Wakana duet and adore the parts when FictionJunction comes in and does full harmony. I melt in those portions. I loved this live performance. And I am so happy that I was able to hear this live.

Also, there was a Kara no Kyoukai medley and it was really beautiful. KnK is one of the biggest reasons why I became such a bit Kajiura Yuki and Kalafina fan. So I was super happy they sang a medley of the bgm music for the films. It was really beautiful too, as beautiful as the original versions.

I was really happy they sang Mezame too. Since I first saw it on DVD way back when, it was a long cherished dream to see it live. That dream was fulfilled in the vol.8 live when I was so overjoyed when they performed it. The love for this song at the lives has not diminished for me. I seriously like just how much energy this song has. Even Tomaru Hanae was jiving to it. And the audience loves it and people started standing up. Really awesome battle song! I have a real fondness for Keiko's part somewhere towards the middle and end. She doesn't have a solo but there is one bit where she sings a completely different line from everyone else. I really like that part in the song. It was one of the reasons why I love Keiko. I would have loved it if they did Duran Shokan too but they didn't, pity.

The big surprise for me was the Pandora Hearts medley. Itou Eri isn't one of the guest stars at this live so I didn't expect to hear it. I was pleasantly surprised because I love love love the Pandora Hearts medley. :) This time it seems like Wakana and Yuriko Kaida split duties on the Itou Eri bits. It still worked really well for me. This medley was a big hit with me and the people around me. I liked it. It is different from the Itou Eri live versions but no less good. :)

The other songs that I recall they sang were Voyager, heigen (which was awesome too), Rainbow (Remi solo)....gosh.... I can't recall all the titles. :( They were all good. The song they ended with was beautiful too.

Also, someone told me this morning that my message got printed in the pamphlet. Pg 88, the only one in English. :)


I am sooooooooooo happy!!!!!! Thank you for printing it!! I didn't expect it. I was certain they wouldn't print it because it was in English. I am so happy that they did. I meant every word that I wrote in the questionaire. I was really in awe after the vol.8 lives. All we could talk about after those lives were how much we wanted to go to more. I wanted it so bad, I made the decision to go to vol.9 on the spot.  I am so glad I was able to attend vol.12. Sooooo glad!!!

Oh....before I end, I wanted to say that I was super jealous of two people in the front rows. Kajiura Yuki autographed two towels and threw them out. I must say, it is a good thing she is a musician and not a baseball player LOL. :P Man.....I have no chance at all of getting those autograph towels because I was on the third floor. Me so jealous now....lucky guys. :)

Ok .....I think I will leave it as that for now. Need to sleep. Need to turn off the light. My friend is sleeping now. :P

Good night. And I cannot wait for Day 3's live!! :)




4 comments:

putschki1969 said...

Waaaahhhh! Another amazing report!! Whenever I read your reports, I almost feel like I've been there.
I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear cynical world live!! Damn, I'd probably die from Keiko overload :P And wow, that Pandora Hearts medley must have been so cool!!!

Referring to your reply on the other post: I can imagine it must be hard to know all the titles. Yuki Kajiura has created too many beautiful pieces of art to remember them all XD

Oh, Keiko was wearing something with pink? *weeeeeeeeee* I am excited!! I hope we'll get some pictures soon!!!!

Have fun at the other lives <3

just me said...

Hello there again! :) Thanks for the compliment. I think there are people who write better and are more detailed. I often don't remember all the details, I am terrible with song titles, I often gush and am not very structured when I write and my Japanese is still not strong enough so I only understand at most 50% of what they are saying, sometimes less. :(

I think all the vocalists get their time in the sun. And they are all pretty much on form at this live. A few hiccups here and there but nothing major. The performances in general from all the members of FJ has been stellar. Remi and Tomaru Hanae are awesome too. Tomaru Hanae is my favourite among all of Kajiura Yuki's regular guest stars. This is my first time hearing Remi live and I am impressed.

Keiko in Cynical World was awesome. I am kinda bias and have gotten more and more since I first started listening to KY / FJ and going to the lives. : P I liked Keiko the most in the beginning but now I simply adore her and her voice. :P I do love the rest of FJ though even though I keep gushing about Keiko. Without the rest of the vocalists I dont think FJ will be FJ at all. I like them all together which is why although I like several of the guest vocalists, I am torn with wanting just all FJ or having a guest vocalist or two. So hard. LOL.

Titles are hard for ms because I usually put all the songs in one giant play list on my netbook or portable player and play on random shuffle. So I have heard all the songs and know them relatively well but I don't always remember the titles or recall them quickly without having to think v hard.

They all wore the same thing they wore on day one. Keiko's looked pinkish to me, the skirt is the kind that is short and puffs out and I think is maybe a shade of pink too. It looked quite sweet on her.

Wakana was in blue, Yuriko Kaida in red, Kaori in white. Sorry, I m bad with fashion stuff. I am a total T-shirt and jeans / pants kind of person. Completely clueless about fashion stuff. :P

Thanks....can't wait for tonight's live. I love Kajiura Yuki's music even her purely instrumental stuff. So am so looking forward to tonight. :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow, getting your message printed in the book in full English, that's pretty impressive. That must feel so good :3.

I really hope I get the chance to see a Kajiura live at some point. Kalafina is one thing, but Kajiura with FJ and everything would be on another level.

just me said...

Hello again Kyouko Sakura. :)

Indeed, you have no idea how happy and excited I was to see it printed. I really didn't think they would and when I wrote answered the questionnaire, I did it without any expectations. I just wanted to convey my feelings to Kajiura Yuki herself. I am really happy they printed it. Really happy and thankful. :)

Yes, I really sincerely hope that each fan has a chance to see Kajiura Yuki live with FJ and without FJ. It is really good and feels different from a Kalafina live. They are ALL good of course but different. With Yuki Kajiura Lives, you will get to see the one who makes it all happen too, Yuki Kajiura herself. It's really awesome!! :)

I hope you can experience it one day too. :)