description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Yuki Kajiura vol.12 Lives ~ Day 1 - 5

Ahhhhhh.... it is so nice to have a WiFi and a proper connection to the internet again.  Soon after the final Yuki Kajiura vol.12 live at the Tokyo International Forum on Sunday night, I had to dash off to meet some friends for dinner and then leave with two of my friends to Hokkaido where we travelled around for a bit.  My connection was pretty unstable then on the prepaid mobile data SIM that I was using and we didn't have any free WiFi at the places we were staying at till now.



It's been several days since that live and I am still incredible happy that I managed to attend all 6 lives.  I won't attempt to say much about the Japanese Sealed live on Day 5. I'm sure lots of people have talked about it already and I really can't say much except that despite some minor hiccups, it was once again a very amazing live for me.


Although I like to wax lyrical about Keiko because it's no secret that she is my favourite vocalist in the Kajiura Yuki family, I also really like ALL the vocalists that Kajiura sensei uses. And my "ALL" includes all the guest vocalists.  They were all really good during these lives.  I could not possibly have had such a wonderful time if I didn't enjoy all their performances.  Their harmony is really amazing and they seem to only get better and better at performing together.  Even when the guest vocalist is the lead, when FictionJunction comes on in full harmony in support, it is truly amazingly awesome. 



For the last live, on Sunday, I was seated on the 2nd level but because I was in the side wing section, it was closer to the stage then I thought it would be.  So that was cool. :)  This time, my seat favoured Kajiura Yuki. :)  This time Kajiura Yuki threw out one autographed towel and one autographed "score book" for Historia, I think.  But as I was on the 2nd level, it was impossible for me to get it.

The closest I came was on Soundtrack Day 1 when I was seated on the left, six rows from the front and on Japan Only Day 2, on Saturday night when I was seated on the right in 2nd row.  But Kajiura Yuki, didn't throw the towel into my section on Soundtrack Day 1 and she threw it way past 2nd row on Japan Only Day 2. :'(

Ah well, still autographed item or not, I had come to listen to the music and that didn't disappoint at all so I was plenty happy anyway. :)

I loved all the musicians too.  I really enjoy watching them play.  I don't talk much about them because I don't really play any instruments so I don't really know how to comment about the musicians, so I leave that to those who know more than me.

That's really all I have to say really.  You can only say it so many times, that something was awesome, mesmerizing, spellbinding etc before some people think that you sound repetitive. But the truth is, it was really awesome, mesmerizing, spellbinding etc.  I did all the movements in the songs that had them, clapped a lot, gave standing ovations etc etc because I wanted all of them on stage to know how much I appreciate and love their music.


I am really, really, really, really happy that I managed to make it to this live.  I hope that someday Kajiura Yuki will released a Best of Live vol.3 and include this version of Pandora Hearts medley with just FJ and also the See-Saw .hack song covers on 2nd time they performed the Japan Only day, I remember thinking it sounded even better second time round. And I hope she'll include some of the tracks from soundtrack day too.  I would totally buy this release.  Sadly, no cameras, so no hope of a BD / DVD release.  Maybe we'll get one for the Orchard lives but with all the guest vocalist there, I think an FJ only Pandora Hearts medley is unlikely although, it is still possible that we'll get the .hack covers which I really liked.

Ahhhhhhh..... Thank you for the music Kajiura sensei.  Here's hoping for more good music and that I will be able to attend more lives in the future.  Now, I'm looking forward to the Kalafina Budokana lives BD releases and the "One Light" single release and the October lives in Tokyo because I plan to attend those. :)

As for now.... time to sleep.  It's late and even though I'm still on vacation, travelling can be tiring and I am tiring.  Also, my travel companions are crashing out.... so I can't really leave the light on for too long. :P

I hope to catch up on a lot of blogging soon.  Lots of stuff that I would like to talk about and there are unboxings to do too.  Hopefully I'll have time to squeeze them all in because I have a feeling I have to hit the ground running when I get back to work.

Oyasumi!! :)

No comments: