description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Yuki Kajiura Live Vol.12 ~ Day 4 - Japanese Only Special - comments


The gods must really have been smiling on me when they allocated seats for the Vol.12 lives. :)  I managed to score 1st Floor, 2nd Row on the far right favouring Kaori and Keiko.  OMG, Keiko!! :P  My favourite vocalist in the YK family.  Actually, I like Kaori a lot too, she and Wakana take turns to be my 2nd favourite.  Although I have my favourites, I really do love all of them. I would not want any of the members to be different at all.

Part of this live's awesomeness for me was that they were really, really, really close.  I could see all their expressions.  The musicians, sadly though, were a little obscured from me at times because we were quite close and they were further back on stage.  And also, we were far-right, pretty much at the end of the row so it was hard to see Sato Kyoichi and Takashi “Jr” Tomoharu at times.  Luckily my soundtrack day, row 6 ticket was favouring them and Kajiura Yuki so I got a really clear look at them on Day 3.
When Keiko and Kaori step forward on the stage it is simply amazing.  And towards the end, I forget which song, maybe it was Stone Cold, Wakana and Yuriko Kaida swapped stage positions with Kaori and Keiko and it was super cool for me.  Wakana was right there in front of me and at times she seemed to do a quick sweeping glance at those of us seated in front.  It made me so excited too.  You could really see their expressions.  And I am totally gushing now. :P

The other thing I found interesting was that Ohira Yoshio is actually seated on stage with all of them. To be honest, I always thought that he was seated at the mixing board behind or something and had to dash through the backstage to come on stage when they announce his name.  I had no idea that he was seated on stage with them and hidden by the side speakers, at least he was at this live.  What I found interesting too was that the utahimes sometimes give him instructions. At least I think they are instructions. Kaori and Keiko did it once each during the live when they turned to the side, caught Ohira's eye and signalled something to him.  That's interesting for me but something I don't find unusual.

The other part of why I think this live was awesome is that I really feel that FictionJunction outdid themselves on Day 1.  I already thought that they were incredible on Day 1 but they really seemed to be on fire today.  Seriously awesome, I can find almost nothing to be picky about.  Day 1, I thought they only managed to settle down only after the second song but today, I thought they started just fine.

I don't remember any changes in the setlist.  I am always happy to hear hitorigoto, hoshikuzu and gin no hashi at the lives.  These are just some of my favourite songs in the lives. But the true highlight of this live for me was the .hack See-Saw covers.  They covered four songs like the other day and I really, really, really loved it. I actually liked it more than Day 1 and I already really liked Day 1's performance.  Interestingly, this time it was Keiko that lead in Tasogare no Umi, if I remember correctly, it was Kaori who lead on Day 1.  I loved it. I really loved this version with Keiko. The See-Saw songs featured a lot of Keiko and I love Keiko's deep and smoky sexy voice in these songs.  She seems really suited to cover Ishikawa Chiaki. I really cannot stress how many times that I love today's covers of the See-Saw songs from .hack

OMG.... PLEASE Kajiura Yuki, if ever you release a The Best of Yuki Kajiura Live Vol.3.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE include this version (meaning this day, Vol.12 Day 4) of the live cover of the .hack See-Saw songs.... I would cry buckets of joy.

Although I naturally spent a lot of the time observing and listening out for Keiko, I was also listening to everything including the overall song and the music etc. I really think that FictionJunction was really very good today.  I'm not sure if it's because they were sooooo good today that the audience responded so positively or was it because the audience today was so responsive that they managed to outdo their Day 1 performance.

The audience today started standing from the start for the first two songs.  And later when the See-Saw covers began, we stood up again and pumped the air etc. People were also clapping hard and cheering after major sections finished.  It was really quite electrifying and I think FictionJunction was very happy.  I was right in front and I could see and sense how happy they were. They were smiling really widely and looked very high.  I seemed to catch moments when Keiko looked particularly happy when people whooped with appreciation after certain major sections ended.

If I remember correctly when Kajiura Yuki asked the vocalists today's question, which was "What do you like best about Japan." Keiko's reply was that she was impressed by the service standards in Japan.  Kajiura Yuki and her then both agreed at the end that they really liked it that the staff were often nico nico shiteimasu, i.e. always smiling.  Maybe that's why, it seems to me, that Keiko seems to smile the most and laugh the most on stage.  I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get. I wonder if Keiko liking that about Japan, is the reason why she is often so happy on stage.  I don't know.

One thing that made me totally jealous was one section when they sang toki no mukou maboroshi no sora.  I think it's that song, I hope I didn't remember it wrongly.  I think it was that song and that little bit when Keiko has a solo bit when Keiko always bends down and sings to a member of the audience in the front row right in front of her.  OH MAN!!!!! If that was me, I think I would collapse with joy. LOL!!!

Today, when we sang Yume no Tsubasa at the end we were asked to sing along too.  I really sang my heart out.  I wanted them to know how much I appreciated their effort.  This live has replaced the vol.8 live as my most memorable live ever.  Vol.8 will always have a special place in my heart because it was my first Yuki Kajiura live but this one live here will be etched in my memory forever.  They were breathlessly good to me for a lot of moments during this live.  ALL of them were.  There were so many songs when I felt that I didn't even remember to breathe till after the song was over, hence why I say breathlessly good.

I think I covered all that I wanted to say.... I don't know.... anymore and I think I would be rambling more and gushing more.... I can't remember if there is anything else I wanted to write about after the live so I guess I'll leave it as this for now.  It is super late again and I will need to sleep.  Tomorrow there will be much to do and another live to attend. :)  So looking forward to it. :)

Once again I leave you with this live's stamp. :)



Good night!!!

No comments: