description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

良いお年を :)

This is the last day of 2014 and perhaps a little quiet self reflection is in order. It's been a busy and tiring year and not one that didn't come with its own share of problems. It was actually a pretty tumultuous year at work and the first half of the year was particularly difficult. Thankfully, workwise, the year ended kind of okay. I am certain the coming year will come with other challengers at work and I am hopeful that I will be able to handle them...hopefully better than I handled them this year. :)


Funnily enough, I actually wrote the most number of posts this year than I have ever written in a single year. :) Who would have thought that I would have been able to do that given that I didn't travel out of the country this year. I tend to write more when I travel.
Outside of work, it turned out to be a pretty good year, I guess. I don't really have a lot to complain about I guess. I know I am a fortunate person.  I managed to attend lots of concerts this year. I went to KPP's live and we got awesome seats too. Two rows from the front and in the centre too. I managed to go to Perfume's live too and although I was in the wings, it was 6 rows from the front. Both lives plus the free Music Matters live was real fun.

I managed to watch Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin in the theatre and it was such a treat to be able to watch one of my favourite Japanese anime film series on the big screen and it was really awesome to have been able to listen to Kajiura Yuki's awesome score and listen to Kalafina's beautiful voices on the big screen. I was also fortunate enougn to have been able to do both again when Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: Rebellion screened in Singapore too.  :)

This year, I haven't really watched anything else that isn't Japanese related so it was somewhat surprising that I will end this year watching something that isn't in Japanese. I will be ending the night finishing up the so far excellent Storm in the Cocoon from TVB. I read that the ending is really stupid though which is a pity given how surprisingly good this series has been so far. I really love Tavia Yeung Yee though. She is my favourite TVB actress right now and has been so since Ada Choi when into semi-retirement. I am also very fond of Steven Ma and so when I heard that they were in yet another series together, I just had to try it and so far it's great. :) Really good performances all around, with some really stellar performance from the veterans and leads. I completely love Steven Ma, Yueng Yee, Mak Bao and Maggie Siu's performances in this series.



This year I think the topic that I wrote the most about was Kalafina and Kajiura Yuki. :P Well, I can't help it...I love the music. :) It's  a little bit of a rambling post because I am watching the last few episodes of Storm in the Cocoon. :P  So I will leave you with this. :)

One of my friends went to Japan and helped me to buy the Kalafina Calendar 2015 from Animate in Japan. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to buy it during the period when they were giving out the Christmas postcards but I did get the Animate tokuten which is cool. :)



And finally, a picture of Kalafina from Dec in their 2014 calendar.

Bye bye 2014,


And the first photo of Kalafna from their 2015 calendar.


May the coming year be a good one for all of us. I wish you all good health, happiness, prosperity and peace in 2015. May there be more Kajiura Yuki, FictionJunction, Kalafina, angela, Ieiri Leo for us fans and more good music too for us music fans. :)

Back to the finale for Storm in the Cocoon. :P

No comments: