description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Aniplex Movie Festival ~ Idol Master, Anohana, Madoka Magica: Rebellion movies to screen in SG

source
It's going to a pretty awesome month for anime fans in Singapore.  The Anime Festival Asia 2014 is coming up this weekend and I wanted to write about it but I didn't have time to.  Maybe just a little in the post after this... but for now... check this out. :)

Aniplex will be running a movie festival at the Golden Village chain of cinemas in Singapore from the 5th-14th December.  Yeah, some of those days will clash with AFA which will be from 4th Dec (Thursday night) to 7th December. But the Idolmaster Movie: Beyond the Brilliant Future will run well into next week so Idol Master fans can still watch the film next week without having to miss AFA.
My biggest interest is in the Madoka Magica: Rebellion movie because I loved the experience of watching one of my favourite anime on the big screen and loved it even more that I was able to hear Kajiura Yuki's brilliant score and Kalafina's beautiful voices playing loudly from a good sound system.  BUT!!!!! Sadly for all Madoka Magica fans in Singapore who are working people, the film is scheduled to screen at 2pm from Tues (9th) to Thurs (11th).  THAT MEGA SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!! Those are working days!!! T-T   I would have to take leave if I wanted to go again.  I know that the film has screened in Singapore before but that was a limited screening.  If I remember correctly, it only screened on two days at four sessions only. Damn.... I really want to go again.... so does one of my colleagues... I wonder if we could get half a day off.....

The third film that'll screen is the Anohana film.  I think a lot of people will be quite happy about this. Anohana was a very popular anime.  Only thing is this film isn't new so I'm not sure how many people will still want to go.  I hope people will go to a least support the screenings of anime films in Singapore.  I really believe that's the only way we'll be able to see more titles screen here.  I would like to go to support more anime film screenings in SG but the thing is, I haven't watched the series yet.  I always wanted to but I heard that it's kinda sad and I just didn't feel like watching something sad at that point in time and in the end, I just never got around to watching it.

So anyway, mark those dates down and if you're a fan of any of these anime series, do consider going to check them out in the cinema. :)  GV's webpage for the festival is here... CLICK ME.

2 comments:

shangyou said...

The Anohana movie actually recaps a lot of the story from the series (most the movie is a recap actually but with some additional epilogue scenes added) but I definitely still recommend watching the entire series first to enjoy the series in all its glory. I really liked the entire series and the film. Yes it has a pretty sad story but I think it's the kind of emotional drama which brings you on a journey that ultimately leaves you pretty happy in a contented way. ^^

just me said...

Yeah, I know I should watch it.... but I don't know if I'll have time to watch the series before the movie.

But since the movie is mostly a recap, like the first 2 Madoka Magica films, then I guess I'll try and go catch the Anohana film in the cinema then. :)

Thanks!!! :)