description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The World of Miyazaki ~ GV to screen Ghibli films in SG!!

This is incredible news. Two of my friends texted me separately to let me know that Golden Village will be holding a mini Studio Ghibli film festival. They will be screening a host of Miyazaki's most loved works in March. This will then lead up to the opening of Kaze Tachinu on the 20th Mar.

I am on the train. After i reach home and have had dinner i will amend this post with links and a better screen cap.

:)
posted from Bloggeroid


Amend:
Here is the link to the GV page where you can book tickets. :)  CLICK ME
I think I won't do a better screen cap... it's a little late and I'm really smashed... OT every day and working the weekend too... I'm going to push all the planned posts till either tomorrow or the weekend. :(

OH.... actually, I just saw this on GV's FB page... this is a nicer photo... so here you go... :)

source

2 comments:

YTSL said...

Hope you go and take advantage!!!

I saw "My Neighbor Totoro" on a big screen in Hong Kong a few years back -- it was a truly magical experience! :)

And given a chance, I'd love to see "Ponyo on a Cliff By the Sea" on a big screen again...

just me said...

Hi YTSL,

Yes, yes, yes... I hope that I can make it to at least one if not a few of the screenings.

The film I hope to watch would be Nausicca because that's my favourite Ghibli movie. After that hopefully Totoro, Pocco Rosso and Laputa. I've seen Howl's Moving Castle on the big screen before so that's last on my list.

Frankly, I want to watch them ALL but I don't think I will be able to. :(