description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lupin the 3rd vs Conan / Tiger & Bunny: The Rising will screen in Singapore :)


A friend of a friend sent this photo to her and she sent it to me with permission to use it on the blog. :)

This is a bit better from Cathay, some actual advertisement way before the planned screenings of these movies.  I still am some what annoyed that they dropped Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin and Majocco Shimai no Yoyo to Nene in our laps with barely a ripple in the water.  It's a real pity too because I really think Yoyo to Nene deserves better than that.  It really was a very enjoyable movie but it looks like most people and anime fans in Singapore will not be seeing this on the big screen. :(

The next pair of anime films set to screen in Singapore shouldn't have too many problems getting anime fans in the cinema though.  These are anime films from popular series.

I'm likely to go to the Lupin the 3rd vs Conan movie because I like Lupin. :)  I am still thinking of Hunter x Hunter this weekend but I'm kinda busy lately and feeling quite tired everyday and it might be hard for me to squeeze the movie in this week. :(  I don't know anything about Tiger and Bunny... maybe it's time to check it out. :)

Anyway... here are the trailers :)







I'm not really surpised that Lupin III vs Conan is coming because they tagged that trailer on at the end of the Conan movie last year. :)  Tiger and Bunny's previous movie also screening last year.  I think it did decently well.

It's good too that they are not opening the next pair of movies on the same day.  I thought this was a really bad idea.  If it wasn't for the copyright issues with Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions, KnK: Mirai Fukuin would have had to compete with another anime film for a share of the audience.  This is probably one of the reasons Yoyo to Nene wasn't able to pull in a larger share of the anime film watching audience.  Hunter x Hunter is a much bigger franchise than Yoyo to Nene.  Tiger & Bunny will have to compete with Kaze Tachinu, Ghibli's latest offering though.

It doesn't help that I actually think that anime fans in Singapore aren't really that hardcore.  They mostly just go for the famous and big titles and more obscure titles they'll just download it and watch it for "free".  Which is kinda sad, IMO.  A lot of work goes into the making of any film and as someone who works in the industry, I rather people watch our work in the theatres or at the very least purchase them on home video.  Cinema tickets in Singapore aren't even exorbitantly expensive.  These general screenings are screening for SGD13 (I think) on the weekend. Most films in Tokyo will screen at 1500 to 1800 yen.  Yup... not cheap at all.  Come on all anime fans!!!  If we want more anime to screen on Singapore screens, stuff like AnoHana, Nanoha, Pyscho-pass etc... it's time to show a clear signal to the local distributors, the Japanese distributors, the Japanese studios etc that WE LOVE anime!! :)

K... time to go... I have to rush now... got to go to work. :)

No comments: