description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Madoka Magica ~ Rebellion (movie 3) Blu-ray Limited Edition cover art released


It's been a busy but enjoyable Chinese New Year for me but tomorrow I  go back to work... so it's back to my normal life again. :(  It'll probably mean that updates to the blog will slow down.  So before that happens... I think I should post this up. :)

A couple of days ago, on the 1st Feb, the official Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica website updated the site to finally give us the cover art for the slipcase for the Blu-ray Limited Edition box-set. :)

Previously I wrote about this box-set twice. You can click me and click me to read those posts.

They have added more information as well regarding what will be included on this set.  They added the following lines of info.

1)
Here's something really interesting.  They are now calling the movie that will be on this blu-ray release "Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica ~ Rebellion" HOMURA 1st take version.  I don't remember that there was ever a "HOMURA 1st take version".

◆『劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ [新編]叛逆の物語』HOMURA 1st take version.(stereo / 5.1ch)
ほむらが悪魔に覚醒するシーン以降の、ほむらの音声を1stテイクに挿し変えたものになります。
※映像内容は劇場にて上映されたものと同じものです。
※オーディコメンタリー・字幕の収録はございません。

Now my Japanese isn't that great yet, so I am not entirely sure what they are saying here.  Best I can manage is that it says something like the following.

After the scene where the Homura is awoken by the devil, Homura's voice changes and becomes the 1st Take. *the images are the same as those screened in the theater * there are no subtitles for the commentary soundtrack 

Frankly, I don't really know what that means at all.  Maybe I should ask my Japanese friend for a better translation.

Does this mean that there will be a HOMURA 2nd take version?  I wouldn't mind more Mahou Shoujo Madoka movies etc but I really don't know what that means.  If there is a 1st take version, surely there has to be at least a 2nd take version, right?

I'm presuming that this very same movie will also be on the Regular Edition BD and DVD release, since there is no change in the visuals from what was screened in the cinema.

2)
◆西尾維新書き下ろし『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ』×『〈物語〉シリーズセカンドシーズン』コラボレーション劇場マナー告知短編映像
(忍野扇バージョン/阿良々木火憐&阿良々木月火バージョン/八九寺真宵バージョン/戦場ヶ原ひたぎバージョン)                 

The next thing that they will be including in this Limited Edition are the collaboration short films between Madoka Magica and Monogatari series Season 2.  Theres are the "manner" announcements, which are really the announcements used in the cinemas to remind viewers to turn off their phones etc etc.

3)
◆『劇場版公開記念 2時間でわかる!大ヒットアニメ「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」』

This isn't exactly new information but it's highlighted in pink on the website... so I think they included it in the new info?  I seriously don't remember any more. I know that they announced from the very beginning that they were going to include this 2 hour special. I don't remember what they wrote in the announce back then. But I did write on the blog in a previous post that it was the 2 hour special that aired on TV Tokyo.  If they added anything at all... it may just be the title of that 2 hour program.

The rest of the info is pretty much the same.

I've got a copy of the BD LE on pre-order at CDJapan.  And I'm really hoping that the special booklet that they will be including in this set will be as awesome as the "material booklet" they included in the BD LE set for the 1st / 2nd movie.

If you want to get this set... they are the releasing 3 versions.  All versions will have English and Japanese subtitles but only the BD LE will have a ton of extras, including a CD with Kajiura Yuki's awesome soundtrack for the film.

The other version will have the CM and the no-credit OP and the audio commentary which will also be on the BD LE.

If you wish to purchase this release, you can get it from the same place I get most of my stuff.  Here are the direct product page links:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion [w/ Bonus Blu-ray+CD, Limited Edition] 
Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion BD [Regular Edition]
Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion  DVD [Regular Edition]

That's if from me for now... now it's time to sleep... it's back to work again tomorrow.  Oyasumi. :)

UPDATE:
Oh... No.3 isn't new info... I just read the news feed on the website and it only highlights 1) and 2) in pink.  That update was made on the 29th Jan.


2014.01.29
「劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ [新編]叛逆の物語」Blu-ray完全生産限定版の特典BD内容追加


2014年4月2日発売となります「劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ [新編]叛逆の物語」の
Blu-ray完全生産限定版の特典BDの追加コンテンツが決定しました。

・特典BD:
◆『劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ [新編]叛逆の物語』HOMURA 1st take version.(stereo / 5.1ch)
◆西尾維新書き下ろし『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ』×『〈物語〉シリーズセカンドシーズン』コラボレーション劇場マナー告知短編映像(忍野扇バージョン/阿良々木火憐&阿良々木月火バージョン/八九寺真宵バージョン/戦場ヶ原ひたぎバージョン)
◆『劇場版公開記念 2時間でわかる!大ヒットアニメ「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」』

No comments: