description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Raspberry Pi


Finally after months of waiting, my Raspberry Pi has arrived. I indicted interest in the product in late May and placed my order one month later with RS Components in June. I was told that I had to wait 12 weeks for it but in the end had to wait probaby 14 to 15 weeks for it.... not too bad I guess. :)

Now I just have to figure out what monitor to use with it. I was going to use this old monitor I had lying around but idiot me forgot that the Pi doesnt have VGA out. So I have to try and get a HDMI to VGA converter or a new monitor.

I'm going to check out monitors and stuff after work today before I decide how I am going to set it up.

I am really excited about it. Growing up, I always wanted to try programming but we we only had one computer in the house and my parents would have killed me if I screwed that up. I tried to join the computer club in school but they didn't have any more room for new members. Then school and other stuff got in the way and I just never had the chance.

I could have installed linux on my Win7 workstations but there were expensive computers that I paid via hire purchase and I really rather not muck them up.

Then the Pi came along and the whole thing cost me less than SGD 100.... even if I screwed it up.... it won't be crazy painful on my wallet. :)

Now I can fulfil yet another one of my childhood desires. :)

Yes.... I know.... I am a little geeky .... but I like being geeky. :-)

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: