description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Monday, October 15, 2012

Perfume in Singapore - got my tix :)


Yay!!!  We managed to secure our VIP tickets to Perfume's first live performance in Singapore. :)  This was by no means an easy feat as we actually started queuing on Saturday afternoon and two of my friends queued over-night at Scape to get us these tickets.  It was worth it in the end because the line kept building and building and sometime in the early part of the morning, some people in the queue were reporting on FB that there was something like 40 people in the queue.

Given that each person can only buy 3 tickets and only a limited number of tickets were available at the AFA shop at Scape itself, 40 people in the queue is quite a significant number for those who hope to be in the first group of 50 that will enter the Warehouse on the day of the concert.  The Warehouse at Scape is not a big venue at all.  The official maximum capacity for the Warehouse @Scape is 500 sitting and 700 standing.

J-Live announced weeks ago that only 50% of these tickets will be available for purchase on the 14th Oct at the AFA Shop.  The other 50% will go on sale online only on Monday 15th Oct at their website.  Hence, this would mean that only 350 tickets, at the very most, would have been available this morning, since the Perfume live is a standing only live.  Of that 350 or less tickets, no one really knows how many of them are VIP tickets and how many of them are GA tickets.

I think by 9am or so this morning, the queue reached the Gongcha bubble tea stall at Scape.  I'm not sure how many people that is but I figure maybe at least a 100 to 150 people by then?  In any case, J-Live announced that all the tickets available for sale were sold out in 2 hours and someone of the J-Live FB page said that VIP tix sold out by 1130am and GA tickets sold out a short time after that.

WOW!!!!  I'm really new to all this.  The first time I lined up for hours to get into a concert venue was for the J-Live A-Sketch Special Vol.2 live with Weaver and flumpool.  This is only the second time that I've queued for so long.  Lucky for me, I didn't have to stay overnight.  Luckily for me, only six of us wanted tickets so I didn't have to stay but I was in line for ages and ages too but this time, I had a little more experience and it wasn't as bad as the first time when we queued.  Of course, I wouldn't want to do this for every concert.  If Kajiura Yuki, FictionJunction and Kalafina should ever hold a solo concert in Singapore, I hope they would sing at the Esplanade concert hall or maybe at the new auditorium at Star Vista.  Those are bigger halls which means it'll be less crazy trying to get hold of those tickets because if they came down and I didn't manage to get a ticket... I think I'll cry... :*(

K... time to go to bed... tomorrow... or more likely the day after... I hope to talk a little bit about Kalfina's appearance on Niconico Live.  I couldn't watch the live stream because I was still on my way home from queuing for the Perfume tickets but I did make a booking to watch a delayed telecast which I finished watching tonight. :)


I rather like "Hikari Furu". :)  I would have tried to talk about it today but ended up discussing Kajiura Yuki, her OSTs and Keiko's "Kaze no Machi e" on FB with a friend so.... I've run out of time.... this whole week, I will be doing Prep shots at work so I will need to sleep at reasonably early times... at least reasonable for me. :D

I hope I have time to get to everything I want to do on the blog this week so that I can move on to some personal projects that are non-music, non-anime and non-blog related... for now tho'..... oyasumi :)

edit 16th Oct:


Hmmmm... Perfume's latest single is selling at a 20% discount at CDJapan... first press still available... comes with a B2 poster.... hmmmm.... I wonder if I should get it for a friend who's a big fan of Perfume.

No comments: