description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, October 05, 2012

Anime Festival Asia 2012 & Mahou Shoujo Madoka

Sadly for me, there will be no Kajiura Yuki, Kalafina or FictionJunction at this year's AFA in Singapore in November.  I know... I know... I am greedy.  Kalafina was in Singapore for AFA11 and I saw them last year twice in November (once at the AFA11 and once in Tokyo) and saw again in June 2012 at the AFAMY and again in July 2012 in Tokyo... I also saw Kajiura Yuki & FictionJunction live twice this year... once in March and once more in August, which isn't very long ago.... so I SHOULD BE satisfied, right?  But NOooooo.... no fan could possibly be satisfied. :)  Yes... I was being dramatic but I can't help it.  I was massively disappointed that Kajiura Yuki, FictionJunction or Kalafina were not in the list of performers and was thinking of abandoning AFA12 altogether until two things happened.

First Thing:
T.M. Revolution, which I actually quite like, gets one whole day to himself and since I felt he was the only reason why I would be interested in going to the anisong events this year, it made me happy and in the mood for more music.  So, once again, as a show of support for more Japanese music concerts in Singapore, I have just completed a purchase for a VIP ticket to T.M. Revolution's concert on the 9th of Nov and also a Standard ticket to the anisong concert on Saturday, mainly because I like Flow and am curious about Babymetal.  And since I'm not too interested in May'n's music, I decided not to go for day 3's concert.  Now.... here's hoping that AFA will bring Kajiura Yuki, FictionJunction and the Front Band Members down for a solo concert at the AFA next year... and please, please, please let it be the Singapore leg... I am not suppose to do any more travelling till I save enough for my big trip to Japan next year.


The 3rd  round of TV Spots for the films was made available for viewing on the official Mahou Shoujo Madoka website on the 4th Oct, but the bgm still does not feature Hikari Furu. click me to view

Second Thing:
The other thing that revived my interest in AFA12 Singapore is that Mahou Shoujo Madoka is one of the featured animes at this year's festival.  Since the announce that the films will also screen in Singapore, I have been scanning the cinemas' websites to see if the films will pop up in the "upcoming movies" list but so far nothing.  So.... it seems like this screening at the AFA maybe the screening that they were talking about?

There might still be a theatrical screening at a proper movie theatre.  The AFA folks brought in Afterschool Midnighters which had two special invite-only screening sessions with the director of the film in attendance and the film also screened for one day (I think ) where it was open to the public.  I think it's also the same for the Tiger and Bunny film, as in,  I think it's the AFA organisers who brought the film in for a limited run in the theatre.  So hopefully, Mahou Shoujo Madoka will get a proper theatrical run in Singapore too, even if it's a limited run.  Fingers crossed for Evangelion 3.33 to make it to our shores too. :)

If these films are screened at the Festival, like I suspect they would be, then I would try and watch them then. :)  For now... am off to bed. :)  Night... :)

1 comment:

bharti said...

awesome crowd of anime festival will definitely enjoy this event.


music festival asia