description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Radwimps in Singapore, Japan Music Festival



I really like this Radwimps song. As they've done for the past few years, they've released a song on the 11th March in memory of the terrible earthquake and tsunami disaster that struck the Tohoku region in Japan in 2011.

This is a really lovely song and it's because of this song that I want to see Radwimps live in Singapore on the 7th June.  They are one of the bands / vocalists / performers that are being brought in by Japan Music Festival.  They are the same people who brought in May'n for the Singapore and Jarkarta leg of her solo world tour.  Those two lives were just completed a few days ago, I think.  They will also be bringing in Kyary Pamyu Pamyu at the end of June.  I didn't go to May'n's live.  I know that Kalafina and her are friends but I'm not a big fan of her music and as much as I would love to support Japanese music in Singapore, my pockets dont't run deep enough for me to pay good money to go to the live of a performer I'm not really interested in.

Radwimps, however, does interest me.  They sing a brand of Japanese pop / rock which I do enjoy and I really like this song in the youtube video above.  BTW, the title of that song is Kaiko.

Anyway, I thought I would a bit of free promo for JMF, Radwimps and Japanese music in Singapore because I really want more solo acts to come. :)  I don't want them to just show up for Music Matters or the Anime Festival Asia and I also want bigger names to come to the a-nation live. Although I know it's very unlikely but still I can hope that one day I will be able to see Kajiura Yuki / FictionJunction / Front Band Members, Kalafina and Ieiri Leo solo lives and also another angela solo live in Singapore.

Anyway, here is the link for JMF page for the Radwimps live with all the ticket info etc. CLICK ME.  BTW, the price of the ticket is a flat rate of SGD78 which is pretty cheap, in my opinion.  They are a pretty well known band in Japan even though I think most Singaporeans have never heard of them.  If they get more exposure in Singapore, we might never have the opportunity to see them at this price again.  So I am super tempted to go but I have to think really hard because I also want to go to the flumpool live and tickets for those go on sale on the 24th May.... maybe I'll write a post about that in a bit... but maybe not today because I think I want to write one about Kalafina before I go to bed.  I actually want to write one about a relatively unknown Japanese band which I really like... they're called Karasu... not sure how many people know who they are but I really like their music.  Maybe I'll write that tomorrow night, if I have time and remember to do it. :P  For now, I'm off to work on a Kalafina post before I go to bed. :)

No comments: