description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Japan Night in Music Matters 2014


Actually, I've known about this event for some time but never got around to writing about it.  Since the 22nd May will be next Thursday, I thought I should write up a short post about it. :)

This has nothing to do with my usual obsessions :P  This is for Japanese music fans in Singapore.  It's a night of free live music performances by some pretty well known bands in Japan.  Music Matters is an event that brings music from various countries to perform live in Singapore.  I actually don't know much about the entire event itself since the only night that I'm really interested in is Japan Night.  I went to last year's Music Matter's Japan Night which was called "Music Matters Live with HP `J-ROCK Matters presented by BARKS' featuring flumpool, SID".  Yup quite a mouthful. :)  It was actually really fun and my second time seeing flumpool live.  And SID was really fun too. :)

 

The above are my not fantastic photos of the event shot on my S2 cellphone. I wasn't that close to the stage but we weren't that far either.  It was pretty crowded but the crowd was very good and we had a good time. :)

Video of the lives at Clarke Quay are still available on line.  For those who did not attend, you can check them out here.





Because of my very positive experience last year, I intend to attend next week's event even though I know very little about the three acts that will be performing that night.

This year they have Oral Cigarettes, Cream and Naoto Inti Raymi.  I've watched some of their music videos on youtube and I think the one that suits my music taste the most is probably Oral Cigarettes.  Still, I will go watch all of them until the last train runs at least because I don't want to take a cab home. :P

Here is one of Oral Cigarettes' music video.



Check out the Music Matters Japan Night FB page for more music videos.  You can also check out the Music Matters main webpage for the full line-up of performers on all 4 nights.

If you like Japanese music, go check out the free lives at Clarke Quay next week on the 22nd May. :)

No comments: