description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Kalafina to sing the theme song for Aldnoah.Zero


This was announced a few days ago but I was too swamped to get to it.  So here it is... finally... a new release from Kalafina.  2014 started with Kajiura Yuki busy with the music for Hanako to Anne, the FictionJunction lives and the Kalafina lives.  So I was going slightly crazy waiting for a new release from Kajiura Yuki herself or her vocal projects FictionJunction and/or Kalafina. While Kajiura Yuki has written for other vocalists before, my favourites are still FJ and Kalafina.

So when I saw this news on twitter, I was over the moon with happiness. :)  I was, however, out hiking at Pulau Ubin when I read the news while taking a break at a rest stop, so it wasn't convenient for me to be writing anything more than just an excited short post. :)

Anyway... I was so crazy busy, I only just manage to get sometime to write more about this. :)

Although, I don't usually watch mecha animes, this is one of the animes I am actually thinking of trying out because Urobuchi Gen is the scriptwriter for the series and the director Aoki Ei was one of the directors Fate/Zero and he also directed the first Kara no Kyoukai film.  This is also a collaborative effort between A1 Pictures and Troyca Studios which was established by Aoki and some of his friends.  Aldnoah.Zero will be their first anime.

This is the 3rd and most recently released PV for this series.



What has really upped the interest even more for me is that Kalafina and Kajiura Yuki (who is sadly, for me, not doing the music for this anime) will also be involved in it.  Kalafina will be singing the theme song. :)

This OP by Kalafina will be a "less intense" song since it's included as one of the tracks in the upcoming THE BEST: Blue album release in July.

The website for this anime is:
http://www.aldnoahzero.com/

Hopefully this anime will be good. :)

No comments: