description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Kalafina ~ THE BEST "Red" / "Blue" - Pocket Message

I'm suppose to do a quick shower and get out soon but I think I'll post this up because it's something I did find interesting and different on the website.

If you go to this page (CLICK ME) on the special Kalafina website for the release of their new THE BEST albums, you will be greeted with these instructions.


If you've never done this before, like me, and if you can't read Japanese or was too impatient to read the Japanese instructions like me, you might not know what to do and what this is about.  I was definitely confused for a while.

If you don't already have CLIP installed on your phone, go install the app.  you can search for the app using the search words provided on the page. Search for "clipcc" in the AppStore or GooglePlay

After you have installed "clip", go back to the page above or to this link:

「 Kalafina Pocket Message 」
https://clip.cc/c/534344dac3480

You must first use the app, to shoot the QR codes provided at the Kalafina page OR on the link created from Clip... using either page is fine.

When you start up CLIP, you'll see this:


The small boxy squares should be familiar to most of us but for those who don't know, that's looking for a QR code to scan.

Go to the provided QR code and place those boxy squares on the QR code and the app will do the rest for you.



The app will download something from somewhere and you will see a progress bar.  After it's downloading, you'll see this:



Well, you won't exactly see this... you won't see Madoka in the background.  That's just my deskmat. :P  You will however see a blinking picture of Kalafina.  It was here that got me confused for a bit.  What do I do next???

Turns out Clip is an AR program.  So what it's asking you to do is to point to the picture of Kalafina which matches that thumbnail picture.  So go back to the Pocket Message page.  And point it at the matching picture of Kalafina and it'll play the message from the trio. :)

You don't have to go back to that page if you don't want to.  Any photo of them that looks like that will do.

You can go to this page

「 Kalafina Pocket Message 」
https://clip.cc/c/534344dac3480

...and point it at that picture and it will work too. :)

Even pointing at this picture here should work.


The message will playback like how it looks in the screen capture of my phone's screen below. :)  This is off my Samsung S2... when I have time I'll try it on my Nexus 7 tablet.



There is a camera button at the bottom.  You can press that to shoot a still photo of the video and upload it to your favourite social media site.

It will look like this:



Don't forget... if you can afford it... buy the albums to support not just Kalafina but also Kajiura Yuki and the Japanese music industry.

THE BEST "Red" Limited Edition

THE BEST "Blue" Limited Edition

THE BEST "Red" Regular Edition

THE BEST "Blue" Regular Edition

Okay.... I really have to go... if there are any mistakes... I'll correct them later.... cheers~~~~ :)

No comments: