description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Kalafina's message on CDJapan / Hikaru's blog post / Machi Asobi cafe etc

screen capture fr CDJapan video
Ah... it looks like there is another version of Kalafina's message that's being streamed online and it's not locked to Japan-only.  It looks similar to the Kalafina Pocket Message and it conveys essential the same message although it isn't exactly the same.

If you want to view this clip, you can view it by scrolling to the bottom of any of these product pages on CDJapan and play the clip.

THE BEST "Red" Limited Edition

THE BEST "Blue" Limited Edition

THE BEST "Red" Regular Edition

THE BEST "Blue" Regular Edition

By the way, the Kalafina Pocket Message will change on the 26th May so for those of you who have already tried playing the message, don't forget to check back on the 26th May.  My guess is that they'll be wearing their blue outfits for that video. :)


Also... I was wrong again. I thought that they had only created a special page for THE BEST albums but actually they also changed their official webpage. This has been up for a while, I just didn't realise it till I went to the website to go read the blog updates which I will get to in a bit. :)

source
Also, they updated the look of their app too.  So I update the app and made a few screen captures and you can view them below.

  

They seem to be favouring the red outfits for now... I wonder if they'll change everything later on to favour the blue outfits.

Anyway... finally, here's a bit about the blog post from Hikaru that was posted on the 17th May.  I usually don't write much about these blog updates on the website because I'm too busy to but this one I felt like writing about because it contained many photos of Kalafina at the Machi Asobi Cafe opening at Kitakyushu which also featured a Fate/Zero + Fate/Stay Night theme and a Kara no Kyoukai art exhibition and I'm a  pretty big fan of ufotable's work. :)

I'm not sure if ufotable is involved in the running of the cafe itself since it isn't a ufotable cafe but a Machi Asobi Cafe which is associated with the annual Machi Asobi anime event held in Tokushima.  There is already a ufotable cafe in Tokushima and ufotable has always been a big feature at the Machi Asobi event.  I don't know enough about ufotable the company or the Machi Asobi event to know if there is a link but what I do know is, according to Hikaru's blog post, the Machi Asobi Cafe is at the very least partially, if not wholly, financially supported by Tokushima itself.

First up... photos... lot's of them and all rather nice :) The source for all these are from Hikaru's post on Kalafina's blog.  CLICK ME.

     

I've known about Kalafina's schedule appearance at the opening of ufotable's latest cafe because I follow ufotable on twitter but I was kind of lazy to blog about it till now. :P   BTW, according to Hikaru's blog post, in that 2nd photo in the set above, Keiko is pointing at her favourite illustration at the exhibition.

Here are the photos from ufotable's twitter about the Machi Asobi Cafe.

    

Kalafina was the opening guest at the opening of the cafe which also featured a Fate/Zero + Fate/Stay Night theme and a Kara no Kyoukai art exhibition.  I would LOVE to have been able to be there.  But to date, I've only been to the ufotable cafe in Tokyo.

Check out that stack of televisions. Any Kara no Kyoukai fan would recognise that in a heart beat. :)  Soooo cool.  And also check out those sofas the one in the second picture in the set above and the one which Wakana is sitting on.  I would LOVE to have those in my room.  God... I am such an otaku!! :P

According to Hikaru's blog post, aside from the ribbon cutting, Kalafina a performed songs from Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero, as well as, Alleluia from KnK: Mirai Fukuin which is to be expected since the opening theme at the cafe included Fate/Zero and there was a KnK exhibition at the cafe.  She also wrote a bit about how Kalafina's music cannot be categorized easily into any genre and wrote a bit about how that was due to Kajiura Yuki's amazing music etc

There is one more piece of information in Hikaru's post which I found interesting.

She wrote this:
今回は
皆さんと過ごした大切な時間の中から
THE BEST "Red"には
「Kalafina 5th Anniversary LIVE “oblivious”」
THE BEST "Blue"には
「リスアニ! LIVE-4」
での6曲の模様を初収録します。

So from here, it looks like it may really be the full Kalafina 5th Anniversay Live that will be included in THE BEST "Red" LE's Blu-ray.  If it is the full live, I would be VERY HAPPY of course but still... I don't want to get my hopes too high because the WHOLE live.... really?!?!?  What is confirmed though is that all 6 songs  that were performed at the Lisani! Live-4 live will be included in the Blu-ray for THE BEST "Blue" LE album.  This has made me very happy.  :)  I knew that they sang 6 songs at that live but I think only two of those songs were ever released.  Now we'll have all the songs. :)  For the cover art, track list, set list etc info on these albums, please read this post... CLICK ME.

Alrighty... that's it for now... I need to sleep now... I have a busy day tomorrow. :P

Oyasumi. :)

No comments: