description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Hikari Furu ~ Kalafina's best 1st week ranking yet



It's been four years and I've finally done it.  I've finally equaled the most number of posts posted in a year on my blog since 2008. :) This is post no.168 for the year 2012 and I think this post's content is most fitting for this occasion.  Not only have I reached a milestone, Kalafina has also reached a milestone. :)  And me reaching this milestone has a lot to do with my Kajiura Yuki, FictionJunction and Kalafina obsession. Hence, I think it's most fitting that this post has to do with Kalafina's Hikari Furu producing the vocal unit's best first week ranking on the Oricon singles charts since their debut.

Hikari Furu opened strongly at No.4 on the daily Oricon charts on the 24th Oct before managing to rank No.1 twice on the 26th & the 27th before slipping to 3rd and then rebounding to 2nd on the 29th.  Then a ton of new singles were released on the 30th Oct and Hikari Furu dropped to the 22nd position before making a come back at 18th and then at 11th on the 1st Nov.

 

Hikari Furu ended the week of the 22-28 October at no.4 which is their best showing ever for one of their singles.  The CD managed to push just over 38000 cd sales during that period beating the 24000 copies sold for to the beginning in April of this year. Their previous highest weekly ranking for a single was 7th for Magia which is also a song from the Mahou Shoujo Madoka franchise.  All this means that this is the best start for any single that they have released to date.
(source: Oricon)

While I really don't know if this will be their best ever selling single or if it will outsell to the beginning but this is certainly a very good start and Mahou Shoujo Madoka's international movie run hasn't even gone into full swing yet.



Kalafina's performance on the chart has been so good this year that it's also earned them a nomination for Animation Artist of the Year 2012 from Billboard Japan.  I really don't know what their chances of winning are.  Naturally, I would like them to win but there are a ton of names on that list and Kalafina's not the biggest name on that list, so I'm not really holding my breathe here.  That said, a nomination is very good.

Kajiura Yuki-san, Kalafina-san... omedetou!!! :)

Finally... before I go to bed (gosh... it's past 3am!!!).... let me just post up Hikari Furu's links... yes... once again. :P  You're free to use these links or any other links but if you can afford it... please support Kajiura Yuki, Kalafina and the entertainment industry by buying.



I will attempt to do the Hikari Furu unboxings tomorrow.  For now... time to sleep... oyasumi. :)

No comments: