description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Kalafina 5th Anniv LIVE SELECTION 2009-2012 & concert ~ info


The official announce of this release was released by Sony earlier today but I didn't have a chance to put it up.  I've had a horribly busy day at work and only reached home at 1:20am.  But as I hate going to bed immediately after I get back from a long day at work and also because I'm feeling a little blue about some things not happening the way I hope they would at work... I decided to do something that makes me happy. :)  Yeah... blogging and blogging about Kajiura Yuki, FicitonJunction or Kalafina. :)

The official announce has a teeny little bit more info then what CDJapan has given us.  It gives the number of tracks planned for the CDs and the number of videos they intend to put on the DVD and BD

The two CDs will contain 29 tracks selected from 9 different lives since Kalafina's debut 5 years ago.  I'm thinking it's unlikely that Anna ni Issho Datta no ni will be on the discs but I like having something to hope for. :)

Also the Limited Edition (2CD+Blu-ray+DVD) will come packed in a box and I made a mistake in the previous post.  The booklet isn't 16 pages.  It's a whooping 60 pages. :)  On the down side... expect the shipping to be more expensive than your usual CD LE releases.  Also, expect that the shipping rate may go up once the product is actually released because right now, the dimensions and weight of this LE release is anyone's guess.

In total, there will be video clips of 14 songs on the DVD and BD and if my Japanese doesn't fail me, I think they will be producing a video clip for oblivious for the first time.  I'm not sure exactly but maybe a PV?

I'm really curious as to why they didn't just put everything on the BD and why they would include both a BD and a DVD instead of their usual practice of a separate BD LE release and a separate DVD LE release.  I'm hoping that it isn't just going to be a collection of their PVs on BD and DVD, with the exception of a new clip for oblivious.  I would like concert footage and other stuff etc too.

There will also be a live, titled "Kalafina 5th Anniversary LIVE" oblivious ", to commemorate the 5th anniversary of Kalafina's formation.  That'll be on the 23rd Jan 2013 at Shibuya-O-East.  If I read the announce properly, I think that the reason why they chose this date and this location was because on the 23rd Jan 2008, Kalafina's first paid one-man live was held at Shibuya-O-East. (aside: at that point in time, Hikaru had not yet joined the vocal unit).  They named this 5th Anniversary Live "oblivious" because they would like to return to their beginning. Hence, most of the songs that they will sing at this live will be from their first album.

Personally, I think this would be an awesome live to go to.  Since this is their 5th Anniversary live and scheduled to be performed on the date they threw their first paid full concert and at the same location too... it should be an emotional event, especially for Keiko and Wakana.  Fingers crossed that we'll see a video release... although, I'm not too hopeful they'll release any videos since they will already be releasing this set to commemorate their 5 years as Kalafina.  Too bad I really can't afford to go to Japan for this live.  If I could, I would have because I think this live will probably be very good.

Here are the links again:

This is the link to the Limited Edition. (2CD+BD+DVD+60page deluxe booklet ~ packed in a box)
This is the link to the Regular Edition. (2CDs)

And my usual line... please buy their music if you can afford it. :)

Anyway, that's it from me for now.... it's past 2am and I have to be up and 6:30 to start another very, very long day at work.... not exactly looking forward to that.

3 comments:

shangyou said...

Omg! I managed to find somebody to trade his Kalafina AFA11 poster for my autographed LiSA postcard! I guess missing the first 45 mins of the Madoka movie to get the coupon for LiSA's autographed postcard was worth it after all. :D
I'm a little sad that I'm gonna be losing my LiSA postcard though, but sacrifices have to be made. >_<

shangyou said...

Off-topic: Argh, I need to resist buying the Madoka WS cards! I almost paid $40 for this Homura signed card but then I managed to resist in the end! The temptation is too strong even though I promised myself to only buy Type-Moon WS cards. Sigh. >_< http://littleakiba.com/tcg/weiss-schwarz/card.php?card_id=5823

just me said...

Hello Shangyou,

Oh.... lucky you... congrats!!! But I can't imagine why anyone would value a LiSA autograph over a Kalafina one... :P Kidding!!!

The WS cards are nice but I've deliberately not gotten any of them cuz I already spend too much over the artbooks and magazines... moreover, I don't play the card games.

The Homura one is cool!!! :)