description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Kalafina 5th Anniversary LIVE SELECTION 2009-2012

A photo of Keiko just cuz I like her lovely smile in this picture. :)

Awesome news!!!! More Kalafina music for us Kajiura Yuki & Kalafina fans.  In celebration of their 5th year since their formation, Kalafina will be releasing a compilation of music recorded from their lives from 2009-2012.  This is very cool since most overseas fans have very few opportunities, if any at all, to see the vocal unit live.  :)  I am really excited about this release.

Thanks Shangyou for alerting me about it... I'm still recovering from my crazy AFA weekend and have purposely reduced the amount of time I spend online so didn't even know about this release. :)

There are 2 editions.  The Limited Edition comes with the a Blu-ray+DVD and the Regular Edition comes with the 2 audio CDs by themselves.

This is the link to the Limited Edition.
This is the link to the Regular Edition.

The LE is, in my opinion, completely worth getting.  It'll be a 2CD+Blu-ray+DVD set which makes it a 4 discs set and will retail at 7619yen.  That's a pretty good price, in my opinion. :)  The Regular Edition will be released at a more affordable 3714yen.

The item is slated for a 23rd Jan release.  The same month as the Type-Moon Festival 10th Anniversay Blu-Ray set.  And on the same day as the Sword Art Online Vol4. DVD/Blu-ray LE set which comes with Kajiura Yuki's vol.1 soundtrack.  This will be an expensive month for fans of Kajiura Yuki.  But it's good... more good music for us fans!! :)

This new Kalafina release is quite epic.  The BD and DVD will contain video clips of the trio from their debut song Oblivious to the just released Hikari Furu.  The release will also come with a 16 page booklet. :)

Fingers crossed that they will put the Anna ni Issho Datta no ni performance from Animielo 2009 into this disc.  I loved their performance of this song.

So far that's all the info we have, I'm sure there will be more later and hopefully some bonus items too.  Am going to go pre-order it now. :)

2 comments:

shangyou said...

OMG I can't believe I didn't watch Kalafina's live performance of the Gundam Seed ending theme before! I just watched it on YouTube and it is so PERFECT. Thank you so much for sharing! :D

just me said...

Hahahah... I'm glad you like that live performance. So far, when it comes to covers, that is my favourite Kalafina cover yet. :)

BTW... just in case you didn't see my msg in one of the previous post... I've already pre-ordered the Kalafina 5th Anniv Live Selection Limited Edition sets for you and me. :)

cheers