description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Japan trip 6 - Day 7 - Kajiura Yuki Live Vol9 Day 1


The highlight of today was always going to be the Kajiura Yuki Vol 9 "3 day" Special Live Day 1 concert.

We had flown in from Hokkaido in the morning and I was really glad that that went off without a hitch. After we checked in, we dumped our bags and off we were to the New National Theatre (need to check that i got the English name correct).

I got in line and bought the t-shirts, pamphlet and a candy pouch thing. I wanted more stuff but I am getting low on yen. :(

After that SY and I went and got ourselves our first proper meal of the day. We went to a small shop nearby and ate some really rather tasty ramen.



After which we made our way back to the concert venue where SY and I parted ways. She was off to shop and I waited around till I could enter the hall.



Megumi joined me in the hall about ten minutes before the Live began. We exchanged some pleasantries and I was happy we were able to communicate a little. I think my Japanese has improved a little. :p

Soon the Live began and they started with Parallel Hearts, the theme song for the Pandora Hearts anime. I was a little alarmed when Wakana was slightly flat in the opening line and a little later on in the song itself. I don't know if that threw them off as they didn't seem to harmonize that well in this song.

But thankfully, that was the only time they sounded less than stellar. They sounded incredible throughout the concert. All of them had bits when they had solos and they were all awesome.

I loved Keiko's rendition of Kaze no Machi e. She sounds so powerful live and yet so capable of injecting emotion into the song. I was not the biggest fan of this song previously. I liked the studio version enough and grew to appreciate it more after watching Tsubasa Chronicles. But the watching her sing it live.... it just blew me away. The way she dips her voice and thunders into a crescendo so effortlessly and so full of feeling... loved it.

Wakana had a song all to herself later on too. I can't remember the title as I never used to like that song that much. But like Kaze no Machi e, I found myself really liking the live version. She sang it beautifully and it was very moving.

Kaori was really awesome too. She sounded so wonderful in her solo bits. She was really captivating in one song, who's title escapes me now :( , where she sang a large portion of it solo and then Keiko came in later. I loved this song too.

Kaori is my second favourite after Keiko amongst the current group of regular utahimes for FJ and Kalafina. I love her voice and she combines really well with Keiko in songs like Synchronicity and Gin no Hashi both of which I have always liked.

Synchronicity is a real crowd favourite and drew lots of cheers after they sang it. Kajiura Yuki and Keiko do a face off thing where they both sing and this part is very very very cool. I have always loved this part in the dvds but it is even cooler watching them do it live. Awesome and Kajiura Yuki ROCKS!!!! :) :)

Keiko led in a cover of Chiba Saeko's Sayonara Solitaire and it was an interesting and early good interpretation and I am glad that Kajiura Yuki picked this song. It added some surprise and Keiko sounded really cute in this song, especially in the opening line.

They also sang two songs from Hokuto no Ken... will check if I got that right later. I have never heard the first one before and it was very very cool. Very dramatic. I really liked how they presented it. The second one I have heard before and really liked it before as well. I only like the version where Kaori does leads.

As usual, Keiko is full of energizer bunny energy and danced the most throughout the live. Among the regular utahimes for Kajiura Yuki, she really does seem to love these lives the most and I really love that about her. :)

Gosh my fingers are getting tired. Need to stop writing soon. I just want to say that this was a near perfect performance and everything about it was great.

Seriously, I don't know if the experience of watching them sing these songs live can translate through the ustream but in my opinion, almost nothing can come close to the awesome experience of watching a Kajiura Yuki live.... the only thing that comes close and can equal it is a Kalafina live but only the ones in Japan and only their solo lives. I loved the live..... it was AWESOME!!!!! Thank you ever so much for the music Kajiura Yuki!!!! :)

I will shoot photos of the concert merchandise after i return from Japan.

Please excuse the rambling and all the grammar and spelling mistakes.... i am sure there are many.... but my thumbs really hurt now.... so that's it for now. :)

No comments: