description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Japan trip 6 - day 8



We spent most of the day in Yokohama today. Since I didn't have tickets to Day 2 of the Kajiura Yuki Vol. 9 Live, I changed the schedule so that we don't have to rush on Monday.

We went to Yokohama to wish Yoko who is both SY's and my friend. SY and I went to the Cup Noodle Museum to buy tickets for both of us, Yoko and Manami who would join us later.

After we had a leisurely breakfast, we made our way from Sakuragicho station to the Takashimaya and Yokohama station where we met up with Yoko and had okonomiyaki for lunch.









It was really delicious. I have eaten okonomiyaki in Osaka before but this is the first time I have eaten it at an establishment which cooks it in front of you.

We ordered the set which comes with two okonomiyaki, one plate of salad, one egg omelette thing and yakisoba.



The food was really very good and we had fun catching up with Yoko.

After that we met up with Manami at Minatomirai station and made our way to the Cup Noodle Museum. Manami and Yoko know each other too which made it feel like a reunion meeting of sorts since all of us know each other and are friends.

The Cup Noodle Museum was loads of fun. You buy an empty cup and then draw pretty much all over it and then you can go over to another station where they put in your cup noodles. At this point you can also choose the flavour of the soup you want as well as 4 different freeze dry ingredients. They will then seal you cup noodles for you and you're done. It is pretty simple but really fun to do together. :)















After we made our cup noodles we walked around the museum for a while. Yoko had to leave us and we made our way to Harajuku to meet up with Camille who is a Singaporean who works in Japan.

We were in the Harajuku/Omotesando area to try the Singapore Hokkien Mee and the Singapore Carrot Cake. I was curious to see if it tasted authentic and I thought it would be fun to bring Manami to eat Singapore food in Tokyo. :)

The two dishes were quite authentic but slightly tailored to Japanese tastes I think. The Hokkien Mee probably needed more prawns in the stock. A more in your face flavour then the sublter favours normally found in Japanese cuisine. The Carrot Cake was also too soft, a little too steamed for us Singaporeans. Manami has been to Singapore before and has had the Carrot Cake in Singapore and she preferred the version we introduced her to in Singapore. That said, she seemed to like them both.







The four of us shared a plate of Hokkien Mee and Carrot Cake because we were scheduled to meet Itsuko at Shinjuku to eat more. :p

Itsuko managed to get a ticket to Day 2 of Kajiura Yuki's Live. Lucky her. :) :) I am happy she got the chance to go for at least one of those days. She said the live was very good. I am hoping that there were cameras and hoping for a blu-ray release. I didn't ask Itsuko if there were cameras though so I don't know ir I am hoping for nothing. Hahaha.... :p

We went to a yakitori place nearby and ate really good yakitori and other things. We also drank some and I had my favourite Umeshu soda. :) The food was really good, the company even better. It was really a lot of fun and we talked a lot. :)











It was a really really good day. I really enjoyed myself and am so happy and grateful that I have been blessed with such good friends. :)

K..... my thumbs hurt again from tying too much. :p Bye for now. :)

2 comments:

YTSL said...

Hi "just me" --

This is so strange... I visited Yokohama and Harajuku on my most recent Japan vacation too. Did and ate different things from you there though... ;)

just me said...

:) What did you do and eat in Yokohama and Harajuku? :)
We didn't stay that long in Harajuku this time. Did check out the new mall? We did but we didn't really have time to shop and I am not much of a shopper anyway.... unless it is t-shirts, CDs, movies, books and toys/figures. :)