description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Anisama Shanghai 2012 postponed indefinitely


link
Japanator

Hmmm.... looks like Anisama Shanghai 2012 will be postponed indefinitely. :(  Anisama was set to take place on the 23rd October but due to the current anti-Japan sentiment in several cities in China, the organisers have decided to cancel the concert.  :(

I'm thinking that the likelihood of the 6th AGC (穂港澳ACG動漫游戯展) being cancelled in Guangzhou is looking very likely especially since that is supposed to take place from the 30th Sept to the 4th Oct.  If that happens, it'll mean that Kalafina won't be going to China. :(  Which would really suck for both Kalafina and Chinese fans. :(

19th Sept:
Anti-Japan protest seem to have eased off.  Good!!
channelnewasia link
Let's hope they don't flare up again.  But seriously, China and Japan really need to try and settle this thing.  I know it's not a simple matter and it's not helped by ultra nationalists from both countries, Japan's strange decision to buy the islands (why they thought this would settle the issue is completely beyond me), a long and bitter history behind those islands and a whole lot of pride at stake... but if they don't settle this, some day it may not simply be about burning cars and factories.  :(

2 comments:

Silentwolf87 said...

i was wondering- what if somebody already bought a flight ticket to china- just for the sake of going for the concert- =w=" good thing it was not me...

just me said...

Hi Silentwolf87,

I was joking with a friend about going to Guangzhou for this concert too.... lucky I wasn't really serious and I didn't make any arrangements.

I still think that there is a possibility that this the event might be cancelled. Of course, I hope it won't but... the situation, although seems to have calmed down, is still volatile. :(

Let's all keep our fingers crossed and hope things settle down and everyone keeps a level head and no more people get hurt.