description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, September 06, 2012

Kalafina - new single / 2013 calendar

While I was in Japan, a couple of new Kalafina related releases were announced. The most exciting has to be the announce of the release of Kalafina's latest new single.  Earlier on it has already been announced that Kalafina will sing the theme song for part 2 of the Mahou Shoujo Madoka film adaptions.  There will be three Mahou Shoujo Madoka films.  The first two are a re-telling of the events that took place in the anime series.  The final film will be a competely new story.

The first two films will be titled "Mahou Shoujo Madoka - Eien no Monogatari".  The films are titled the same and will only be differentiated by "前" and  "後".  Claris, the group that sang the opening theme for the anime will sing the theme song for Part 1 and Kalafina will sing the theme song for Part 2. :)

The single will be released on the 24th October after the film screens on the 13th October.  Pre-sales have already started and of course they come with feebies but I won't be in Japan in October so I didn't really pay attention.

I got lucky though. :)  Itsuko gave me the poster for Part 2 of the Mahou Shoujo Madoka film.  So cool!!!!  So that's the photo I decided to use to start this post. :)

There will be 4 versions of this release, click on the titles to bring you to the product page on CDJapan, my usual happy hunting ground. :)  The song list information is from HMV Japan though.

T1: Hikari Furu (ひかりふる)
T2: coupling song (untitled at this point in time)
T3: Magia (remix)
T4: Hikari Furu (instrumental)
Blu-ray: Hikari Furu video clip (which is usually the PV with Kalafina)

As this is the Anime Edition, the cover will be an illustrated cover.

T1: Hikari Furu (ひかりふる)
T2: coupling song (untitled at this point in time)
T3: Magia (remix)
T4: Hikari Furu (instrumental)
T5: coupling song (untitled at this point in time) Instrumental
DVD: Anime clip

Interesting.... the Anime Edition actually includes the instrumental for the coupling song.  How odd... I would have thought that this would also be included in at the very least the Blu-ray LE.


T1: Hikari Furu (ひかりふる)
T2: coupling song (untitled at this point in time)
T3: Magia (remix)
T4: Hikari Furu (instrumental)

T1: Hikari Furu (ひかりふる)
T2: coupling song (untitled at this point in time)
T3: Magia (remix)
T4: Hikari Furu (instrumental)
DVD: Hikari Furu video clip (which is usually the PV with Kalafina)

As is my usual practice, I will order the Blu-ray LE and the Anime Edition.  Also, here is the link to the official Mahou Shoujo Madoka website for those who are interested.


(image from CDJapan)

The other release for Kalafina is the 2013 calendar.  Here is the CDJapan product page link.  I may purchase this.  I haven't decided yet.  If I do, I'll probably bundle it with the Hikari Furu CDs.  The 2012 calendar was nice and I actually do use it so I may get next year's calendar.

Alrighty, sadly, I won't be able to get to the "un-boxing" photos for FictionJunction's latest CD single and other Kajiura Yuki related purchases I made in Japan on the recently concluded trip.  I worked late today and only had dinner about an hour ago... feeling really sleepy.  Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and I will be able to be back early enough to do that.  If I can't, I'll probably do those on Friday. :)

That's if for now... oyasumi. :)

No comments: