description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Japan trip 4 - Day 3 part 2 (Kajiura Yuki Live Vol.8)



I am getting kind of tired but I really want to write a bit about the live before I sleep.

Today I attended the live with Itsuko and her friend Megumi. Megumi also attended Friday's Live which she said had quite a different setlist from today's live and it made me really envious. I wish I attended friday's live too because I was in tokyo already and I really could have. :)

I can't remember all the song titles but I know there was music from Fate Zero, Historia, Parallel Hearts, Mai Hime, Mahou Shoujo Madoka, Noir and Hack... I think.

Because there were two guest sopranos, Itou Eri and Tomaru Hanae, my impression is that Kajiura seemed to have re-arranged the songs to accommodate that. Hence, my impression is that Keiko was often used to play up the juxtaposition of the high sound of the sopranos against her low husky contalto voice in songs that didn't use to highlight or have a significant presence of the contralto. I loved it not just because I like keiko best but also because it mixed things up a bit and made it interesting. And in Kajiura's skilled hands, it was not merely interesting, it was heavenly. :)

I really liked the Parallel Hearts and Mai Hime sections. As Mai Hime is my favourite anime of all time, it has of course been a long cherished dream to hear Mezame live and it was AWESOME!!! I suck at song titles but I think they started with Himeboshi and then something with Duran in the title and then Mezame and it was epic and the crowd loved it. More people started standing up and lots of people around me were bobbing their heads etc.

Oh a special mention must be given to Stone Cold. I like the studio version but it isn't my favourite FJ song. But this live version is amazing. They all sounded fantastic together and all of them danced from one end of the stage to the other. Kajiura Yuki was on her feet as she played the key board and, get this, she was singing along at points. It was fantastic. It really had a lot of energy. :) Megumi said that they didn't dance from one end to another on Friday and I think she liked today's performace of Stone Cold more.

Oh... they also sang Hoshikuzu which is great because I really really like that song too. :)

I would like to talk about one bit of the MC that Itsuko translated for me after the concert but I am really tiring. So I will leave that for next time. :)

Before I go I just wanna say that I bought the spoon and I am glad I did because it seemed to mean so much to Kajiura.

And I am also super happy cuz Itsuko helped me buy the FJ club exclusive single "sing a song" and the "sing a song" music score. Sooooo cool. Of course I can't listen to it till I get home.... I can't wait. :)

K... my fingers hurt from typing and I have to get up early tomorrow. Will write more about the live in another entry and also post more photos of the merchandise aanother day. :)

P.s. seems like the tv ad for the impending release of Kalafina's After Eden dvd & bluray is getting some heavy rotation on animax since I keep seeing it... but it could also be because I am bias and only notice it when their ad plays. :)

P.p.s. i am seriously considering coming back to Tokyo for the just announced 3 day special Kajiura Yuki Live Vol.9. :) really really going to try. :)

k... that's it.... night night. :)

p.s. I have started to write my full re-cap of the day of the concert, as well as my full impressions of the Live itself.  If you are interested... click me. :)

No comments: