description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Nendroid Madoka / Mahou Shoujo Madoka official guide book

After taking a short nap on the train, I feel refresh enough to attempt another post tonight. :)  Today, I received more Mahou Shoujo Madoka stuff in the mail... YAY!!!!

One of them is the, at this point in time, out of print Nendoroid Madoka figure.  I ordered them from 2 different places with the intention of giving one of them to a friend for her birthday.  As for my figure... I'm undecided as to whether to open it or not... I just might since I don't really sell my toys / figures anyway.



The other thing that came in the mail is the Official Mahou Shoujo Madoka Guide Book.  This is yet another nicely printed book.  Nice paper quality, lots of full coloured pages and lots of information.  I think any fan of the anime who can read Japanese should be quite happy to own this guide book.

I took some photos of a few pages so that anyone who is interested would have a better idea of the quality and content of this guide book.





And for us Kajiura Yuki fans... there is also a one page interview with the composer of the end theme "Magia" as well as the background music for the anime.  I haven't really tried to read the article... too tired.... so I'm not sure what the interview is about.  But I am presuming that it's about the choice of music etc.



Also, there is a slightly more than half page interview with Kalafina as well. I took a quick glance through it and as far as I can make out, the article seems to concentrate mostly on Kalafina's reactions to "Magia", the song they sang for Mahou Shoujo Madoka.

 

I'm rather happy with this purchase as well.  I still have yet to order the collection of commentaries on the anime.  That book is now titled 100nin ga Shaberi Taosu! "Puella Magi Madoka Magica".  I'm still interested in it but am unsure if I want to pre-order it now or just see if I can pick it up at Kinokuniya when I go to Japan in November.

Anyway, this is really it from me for today... my bed is calling me.  Good night. :)

p.s. sorry the photos aren't of nicer quality... low light and taken with my not great Motorola Milestone camera.

No comments: