description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, September 09, 2011

It's the end of the week!!!! :)

It's the end of the week and the end of a 12 day stretch at work. Happily, we are not required to work this weekend. Whew... when they first told us to expect to work weekends on this project, i prepared myself mentally to do a 30 day stretch. Luckily for us, it's only 12 days in a row.  We're not done with it yet but for now, we can relax over the weekend. :)

Today was a good day, work went well and I actually got onto a relatively empty train home and now this...  via the Kalafina staff twitter feed... we get two photos of the exterior of what i am assuming is the Kalafina-Parco Cafe and some advertising or something.  I couldn't read the kanji in the feed and admittedly, was too lazy to look it up.  ;p



Man... I so want to go. Unfortunately, I won't be in Japan till Nov. I've been so high at work lately. Probably too much adrenaline caused by too little rest. :) I don't know what it is but I've been jumping around the studio just talking about Japan, Kalafina, anime, maid cafes... basically anything related to Japan. :D It's gotten to a point where I've been banned from saying the word Japan. Hahahaha...

On a slightly disappointing note, Kalafina won't be singing the opening theme for the much anticipated Fate/Zero anime. Anticipation was really high that they would since Kajiura Yuki is writing the score and this was also a ufotable production that was being released by Sony.

I am admittedly somewhat disappointed by it. But i suppose the girls have been very busy this year and doing further promotion for yet another anime would have been tough.

In a way this is good news for me... having listened to the preview of the ending theme several times, i have already decided I will not be getting that single. The song seems like a pretty generic anime song... omoshirokunai. The theme song will be sung by Lisa of Angel Beats fame. I didn't know anything about her so i youtubed it. The music isn't too bad but unless the song is exceptional, i am unlikely to buy the single too. Not the type of music that interests me these days. This means i only have to concentrate on getting Kajiura's OST. Hopefully it won't be bundled with the dvds or blurays like Mahou Shoujo Madoka and Kara no Kyoukai cuz if the anime turns out to be anything but great i will have a very hard time justifying a purchase.

K, time for dinner. Have a good weekend everyone. :)

No comments: