description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

on the way home




This is one of those nothing posts I make occasionally. :) Am finally on my way home after a long day at work. Today was a good day in general though. Today's OT was voluntary actually, as I wasn't actually doing work.

Some time ago I had missed a huge training session on Nuke and that missing knowledge plus some very tiring days at work has kind of slowed my growth as a vfx artist, I think. I was getting somewhat concern that I was unable to progress further or faster despite my coming in on several Saturdays.

So in the end, I decided to ask one of my colleagues for help and he kindly agreed to stay behind to teach me the stuff I missed during that missed training session. This colleague is one of my seniors, hence, he was able to unravel several very confusing Nuke scripts and teach me what my supervisor was trying to do in those scripts.

It was pretty awesome and I am really happy to have learnt so much tonight. So even though I am really tired now, I wanted to just note this little milestone in my journey towards becoming a compositor. :)

Please excuse that not terribly nice photo. :) I was walking and there wasn't a lot of light, hence, the blur and the grain. But I didn't want to post without a photo, so I took a photo of my surroundings as I walked towards the train station. :)

K... time for me to relax on the train... maybe snooze a little. :)

No comments: