description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

fangirl moment


I am a little bored at work and not having the best of days. Not busy is a bad thing for me, I tend to think of stupid stuff.

Well... on the bright side... Kajiura Yuki mentioned Singapore on tweeter today. The fangirl in me got all happy about it. :)

I think she says something about writing Singapore-ish songs and I think she wonders what it should sound like and then ends of with saying she believes it is possible.

Of course I am half guessing here since my Japanese isn't good enough to understand that tweet fully.

Still it is cool she mentioned my country :) ... I wonder too what a Singapore-ish song should sound like. Would it be a mismash of ethnic sounds that reflect our mix heritage or, should it be a pulsating beat to reflect the incredible pace of change that has transformed this island or, should it also have bits of quiet to reflect the quieter, more traditional and family oriented core of heartland Singapore.

I hope she does write a Singapore-ish sounding song. I would be interested to listen to it and to know what she thinkks the sounds and music of my country would sound like.

K... time to go back to my work, a little happier from reading that tweet and taking a break to blog about it. :)

No comments: